Continuing to T/S Steering Vibration

MDK210

Caster won't cause death wobble. I just reread the whole thread. I bet either a track bar hole is elongated or upper track bar bracket is cracked OR you have worn out ball joints. Something has to be loose for death wobble to occur.
Thanks for reading the thread again. I’ll double check for cracks and tomorrow the alignment/inspection should reveal any ball joint play. The dealer looked at it a month ago and didn’t report anything back however. I do like how my dealer doesn’t just do things because of it, service manager wants to sit down with me for the whole story before passing it off to his techs.

MDK210

Both times I've gotten Death wobble it's been ball joints, my factory ones went out in 13000

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Well that’s the last thing I’ve yet to do so if those get installed and it doesn’t fix it then my wife wants me to get a sedan RIP. Dealer wants $1800 for ball joints lmao, that will never happen.

Bierpower

Hooked
I had a friend getting horrible death wobble on his F-250. We finally tracked it down to a bad pitman arm. The splines were messed up letting it move on the sector shaft.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Maybe try mounting a GoPro or the like where it has a view of the front, then try the road that caused the death wobble.

The camera view may show where it starts from, and what is moving when it shouldn't be.

JBF

New tires going on Monday for me. I couldn't stand the shudder I was getting anymore. I'll report back with what happens.

bouche03

Man, this sucks that you are having to chase this issue. I have also had this, but I know it is my tires. Every time I rotate them, I have a shimmy, so I have to take them in for a balance. I have GY Duratracs, and they have been a pain to balance since day 1. But the issue could also be my wheels, which are MB Razors. At only $100 a wheel, I am not certain of the QC/quality of them...All in all, they aren't perfect, and it is specific to 45-55mph, but it is tolerable. I do have 37" STT pros and Dirty Life Beadlocks going on soon, so we will see where that leaves me. I am sure I will have to replace or upgrade BJ's and maybe unit bearings soon

BigBad408

Well that’s the last thing I’ve yet to do so if those get installed and it doesn’t fix it then my wife wants me to get a sedan RIP. Dealer wants $1800 for ball joints lmao, that will never happen.

I’m reading through this. Did you ever try removing your front driveshaft ? That’s free. I would also be looking very hard at your unit bearings in the front and check the back axle shaft bearings for play. It’s possible badly out of balance tires could have put a beating on your unit bearings.

JBF

I can confirm it was the tires causing my problems. New tires are on and it rides smooth as glass on the road now. The new owner of the ridge grapplers is having the same problem, but thankfully his rig is a trailer queen.

I wish I would have replaced the tires first. However, I do have a pretty capable rig now. lol

Top Bottom