Control arm adjuster seized

SaddleTramp

I've adjusted mine but had to put my big boy pants on, they (adjuster sleeves) were tight and stuck until they broke loose. I soaked mine with PB blaster and used an adjustable spanner wrench with a short cheater bar. Once they broke loose, they were fine to turn with the wrench alone and went easy, I love the "on car" adjustability. Not to state the obvious, but make sure the shop, or try yourself, is turning them the correct direction. I know that sounds like the IT guy when he says, "is your computer plugged in", ;).

I've adjusted mine but had to put my big boy pants on, they (adjuster sleeves) were tight and stuck until they broke loose. I soaked mine with PB blaster and used an adjustable spanner wrench with a short cheater bar. Once they broke loose, they were fine to turn with the wrench alone and went easy, I love the "on car" adjustability. Not to state the obvious, but make sure the shop, or try yourself, is turning them the correct direction. I know that sounds like the IT guy when he says, "is your computer plugged in", ;).

Not obvious at all....in fact, that is the biggest reason why I am headed up in the morning. They soaked both of them with blaster....going to bring my own spanners and "Cheater" with me.

Thanks for the input.

SaddleTramp

Not obvious at all....in fact, that is the biggest reason why I am headed up in the morning. They soaked both of them with blaster....going to bring my own spanners and "Cheater" with me.

Thanks for the input.

Truth be told, I had to look at mine and do the "thread turns this way" movement with my fingers before I've learned that the left/right ones turn this way/that way thing. I'll bet you get it handled when you get in there in the AM, :thumb:

The thing that gets me the most is I have struggled to find a good shop that can handle stuff like this. I was so excited to see what kind of work they do. I hope I get up there and they have it solved.

Well, good news and bad.

Bad news, all control arms but one are seized. Soaked overnight in PB Blaster, torch, long breaker bar, jack on same side, jacked up opposite side... Seized pretty good. Gotta get ahold of EVO to see about getting new ends.

Good news, gears helped ( been running 35's on 4:10 in auto for a few years). Not my daily driver.

Better news, dropped it off at the shoe store for the 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! Even the wife said she couldn't hear me coming down the street a mile away!! The ride is so much better and I can only imagine what the trails will be like.

Now I need some help with CODES. I adjusted my pinion angle with my front upper control arms where it should have been after putting on EVO CO's front and rear last fall. I had a shop do an alignment and fine adjust things but they did it wrong. I haven't wheeled it hard, mostly around town miles (5000).

I went out and got things loosened up and did some adjusting. Now I am throwing 5 codes.
C123F-Steering angle sensor comparative performance
U118B-Communication with AFS module Right
U118A-Communication with AFS module Left
C1417-Front Differential control circuit low
C141D-Rear Differential control circuit low

Any Ideas on how to remedy them? I reset them with my flashpaq. What do they mean and how do I fix them?:thinking::thinking:

Top Bottom