Coolant Paranoia question

My 16 that I bought off the trailer and has never been serviced by anyone but me had pink, the stuff I put in from dealer was purple.

Duuude, I can finally sleep at night. Me and my ‘16 thank you for this testament. Was so confused...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked
She was running 'til she quit.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ooo yeah I don't think that's a good idea based on everything I've read....

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

From what I understood the problem was when mixing OAT with HOAT which could cause gelling... Mixing a universal 50/50 with either is fine... I think Even Eddie chimed in and said it was ok... I can’t find the thread, but I’ll keep looking...

BaddestCross

From what I understood the problem was when mixing OAT with HOAT which could cause gelling... Mixing a universal 50/50 with either is fine... I think Even Eddie chimed in and said it was ok... I can’t find the thread, but I’ll keep looking...
This. You're fine. When you do a full flush, I'd refill with the factory recommendations though.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

desertrunner

Here are Eddie's quotes from the thread your talking about, which is also linked by coz above in this thread. So I wouldn't be mixing in the green stuff but it's up to you.

"Glad you added this as I would not recommend mixing HOAT with old school "green stuff"

"Good deal. While it may not react the same way as HOAT and OAT getting mixed together, I'm pretty sure Chrysler doesn't recommend adding green stuff to HOAT as it degrades the benefits of it."

TrailHunter

Hooked
Here are Eddie's quotes from the thread your talking about, which is also linked by coz above in this thread. So I wouldn't be mixing in the green stuff but it's up to you.

"Glad you added this as I would not recommend mixing HOAT with old school "green stuff"

"Good deal. While it may not react the same way as HOAT and OAT getting mixed together, I'm pretty sure Chrysler doesn't recommend adding green stuff to HOAT as it degrades the benefits of it."

Yeah, that was the thread... and James was the one that helped me out.. In my situation... I have OAT .. So when its time for a flush, I’ll use Mopar OAT... If I need to top off a little, I’m not worried about using Prestone 50/50. And I’d never mix with Mopar HOAT based on the info here. I should probably just grab a couple bottles of Mopar OAT at some point.

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

Top Bottom