Cooper

WJCO

Meme King
Ive never sipped a tire b4 i always thought it was more of an ice application, here in east tx theres more ice in my freezer than on the roads in a year haha, but yall r saying it help it wear more evenly... do yall do the sipping yourself?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had Discount Tire do it, but I'm told they don't do it anymore after an employee was injured by a siping machine. It was only 7 bucks per tire. I have heard Les Schwab does it as well. It does give you more traction, but ice is ice. I found the BFG MT tires to not perform well on packed slush, especially when going uphill. After siping, it made a big difference. Most tires have factory siping, but the first generation BFG MTs have none from factory. The KM2s now have a little.

WJCO

Meme King
Will it cause the tires to chunk or wear faster?

There's a lot of talk on this on both sides of the argument. I didn't notice it myself. However, the siping only went half way through the outer row of lugs, so not to the very edge. Supposedly, if you go further than that, the edges will chunk. I didn't notice any chunking on the center rows. Maybe Pete can add to that as he has them now.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I am liking the STT pro and the Nitto Ridge Grappler for something that sees a lot of street use. I wish they made the Nitto in a 37-13.50.

dillard09

I picked up some Cooper STT pros after all the reviews on here and seeing them in person. I got the 37x13.50r17 for the load range E. Can't wait to get them on and see how they perform compared to the current KM2s I have now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Basscat

I have nothing but good things to say about the Cooper STT Pro's. My stock BFG KM's had about 90,000 miles on them (which was impressive!) and so it was time for new shoes. So I slapped on the 315/70/17's (metric equavalent to 35's) and couldn't have been happier.

We had the worst winter here in Vancouver in decades and because our climate is so close to sea level we saw just about everything. You name it, we had it. Ice, rain, hail and lots of snow. The generally shitty road conditions made for a great test for this tire and even thick sheets of ice going up hill, I still managed to find traction. Now that the snow has gone, we've had nothing but torrential rain and I have to admit they still perform great. No hydroplaning like my old MTR's. The tires themselves are also pleasantly quiet. You almost don't even notice the hum, but personally I like the sound :).

:beer:

How the heck did you get 90,000 miles out of the BFG KMs!?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom