Cordless Impact Gun?

trailless

Caught the Bug
I got the same one too. I haven't been able try it out but I know itll make tire rotations a lot, ALOT, easier.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

el_chupo_

Also wanted to add in, if anyone was planning on taking advantage of the $150 off promo for a 2 piece kit (or $100/$50 off for lower priced kits) the offer is supposed to end on Feb 1st.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Featured...-Offer-Step-One-Select-Combo-Kit/N-5yc1vZca8n

If you were wanting to get into a full set, you may be able to find a 1/2 impact in the store to use as your "other tool". My local one has the 2663 impact, rated at 450lbs of torque, which would also make quick work out of about anything you find on a passenger vehicle, at $169. YMMV, of course...

CJW

Just a thought but u may want to look at corded versions. I know they're not as popular or quite as convenient as the battery operated versions but, they're usually cheaper and still provide the breaking power you'd want. Plus, I think most jeeps have built in power converters now or you could wire one up for cheap and just carry an extension cord (thinking for trail use).
This probably isn't what you're looking for but just thought I'd give another option.

NV375

I'm standardizing on Dewalt 20v
View attachment 121982
My batteries for drill and grinder will all match.

I was looking to go this route since I sold all my 18v DeWalt tools and have been going with the MAX line. I have not pulled the trigger on a new DeWalt square drive impact due to the low torque specification compared to the IR.

Last edited:

el_chupo_

Just a thought but u may want to look at corded versions. I know they're not as popular or quite as convenient as the battery operated versions but, they're usually cheaper and still provide the breaking power you'd want. Plus, I think most jeeps have built in power converters now or you could wire one up for cheap and just carry an extension cord (thinking for trail use).
This probably isn't what you're looking for but just thought I'd give another option.

The reason I went the cordless route was simply a cost-vs-performance issue. I already decided to go to Milwaukee for battery tools, and knowing I could get the cordless version with twice the power of most corded versions, for about the same price, made this an easy choice. Plus the fact that it also out-performs all but the best pneumatic choices at about 1/2 the cost is great for me. Less air hoses to drag around

I'm standardizing on Dewalt 20v
View attachment 121982
My batteries for drill and grinder will all match.

Dewalt and Milwaukee seem to be the best options for being able to share tools/batteries with others you run into. If I were already invested in one brand or the other I dont know if I would switch. And the 400lbs of torque the Dewalt 1/2" impact offers will probably meet any demands one has on a passenger vehicle anyways...

Rccrwlr

OK so for my own benefit and curiosity i did a spread sheet to compare Dewalt, Makita, Milwuakee. Interestingly enough there seem to be 2 categories:high torque, lower torque. Could be called home and pro what ever. There is a big difference between the units and the specs. Based on what I'm seeing and the specs i think I'm going to change my mind and go with the Milwuakee. Watching some of the videos on the 3 the Milwuakee seems to work better. Just my opinion.

Impact Wrench Compare.jpg .

el_chupo_

It's hard to compare, the only real challenger to the big Milwaukee is the Ingersoll Rand 20v.
But Milwaukee also has a couple in the 350-450 lb range as well, which probably make a better comparison

Get a Snap On cordless impact and be done with it.

I know it's easy for me to say spend twice the money.

I have both a Dewalt and a Snap On. The Dewalt is minor league compared to the snappy. Haven't used a Milwaukee but they have a strong following. Like everything else I guess. Brand loyalty usually plays a bigger role is these type of purchases than the actual performance.

And the Dewalt in the picture above is a no go right off the bat for me. I don't like the short snout on it. You can't even take lug nuts off without an extension or anything else for that matter. The battery is nearly plum with the business end of the gun.

Rccrwlr

Get a Snap On cordless impact and be done with it.

I know it's easy for me to say spend twice the money.

I have both a Dewalt and a Snap On. The Dewalt is minor league compared to the snappy. Haven't used a Milwaukee but they have a strong following. Like everything else I guess. Brand loyalty usually plays a bigger role is these type of purchases than the actual performance.

And the Dewalt in the picture above is a no go right off the bat for me. I don't like the short snout on it. You can't even take lug nuts off without an extension or anything else for that matter. The battery is nearly plum with the business end of the gun.

Ya the more I look into this I agree. Better can be had

Rccrwlr

OK so for my own benefit and curiosity i did a spread sheet to compare Dewalt, Makita, Milwuakee. Interestingly enough there seem to be 2 categories:high torque, lower torque. Could be called home and pro what ever. There is a big difference between the units and the specs. Based on what I'm seeing and the specs i think I'm going to change my mind and go with the Milwuakee. Watching some of the videos on the 3 the Milwuakee seems to work better. Just my opinion.

View attachment 122063 .

Went Milwaukee!

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Went Milwaukee!

Nice! Same here. I just bought into the 18v Milwaukee "system" with an 18v Fuel impact driver. It has about 135ft/lbs of torque and is perfect for small jobs like taking lugs on and off. Next on the list is the 1/2 Fuel impact wrench. :thumb:

Rccrwlr

Nice! Same here. I just bought into the 18v Milwaukee "system" with an 18v Fuel impact driver. It has about 135ft/lbs of torque and is perfect for small jobs like taking lugs on and off. Next on the list is the 1/2 Fuel impact wrench. :thumb:

Ya just went straight at the 1/2

Milwaukee M18 FUEL 1/2in. High Torque Impact Wrench with Friction Ring — Two M18 RedLithium XC 4.0 Batteries, Model# 2763-22
Item# 42264

hunterz16z

Just bought the dewalt impact 20v max this thing is a beast 400lbs foot torque for a cordless it's great

Attachments

• 1427915831056.jpg
    1427915831056.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 204

hunterz16z

And also bought the dewalt 20v max xr edition with brushless motors mini impact and drill which out performs any other drills I've ever owned

Top Bottom