Corner carnage advice!!

Out of curiosity....not to high jack the thread but does anybody know if the EVO corners will work with Or-fab tire carrier? It seems the corners have attachments for the evo carriers but wasn't sure if that's a modification or is that standard?

getting the evo skins makes it that much easier to justify their tire carrier -;)
Curious if anyone has issues with LEOs giving them a hard time with the EVO tire carrier and brake light being partially blocked. I would love to get their setup myself but from all the pics I see, it appears the brake lights are obstructed.

Curious if anyone has issues with LEOs giving them a hard time with the EVO tire carrier and brake light being partially blocked. I would love to get their setup myself but from all the pics I see, it appears the brake lights are obstructed.

The brake lights are not obstructed. It's the angle of the pictures.

Out of curiosity....not to high jack the thread but does anybody know if the EVO corners will work with Or-fab tire carrier? It seems the corners have attachments for the evo carriers but wasn't sure if that's a modification or is that standard?

I don't think so. I was looking at doing this as well a while ago but the hing on the passenger side would interfere with the round tail light. You could modify the carrier mount prob.

OUCH!

The AEV corners are really nice and are the best fitting corner guards by far but, they are super thin and fit so perfectly that unless you make some effort to straighten out your damage really well, I don't know how well they will fit.

Of course, if it were me, I would toss the big bulky factory tail lights and get EVO corners as they are strong and will be a lot more forgiving in the fitment department on a quarter panel damaged like yours.

Bingo. I have the AEV guards, but they are precision fit, and I also agree that with a tweaked corner, they won't fit properly at all. I'd go with the evo skins since you already tweaked your corner, not to mention, I'd be surprised if you can get an OEM tail-light to go back on that.

Another option, and Im in no way endorsing them, as I have no clue how durable they are, are the River Raider corners. I don't know anything about their quality, I just absolutely love the way they look (flush mounted lights) and they also require a very large piece of corner to be cut out for installation, which would actually be beneficial to you since you would basically cut out all your damage. Check em out.

Evo corner guards. They are legit. You will never worry again. Oro also makes some led round lights with a reverse light built in.

Stopped by an auto body shop that I pass everyday to get an estimate.
$550 out the door to make the corner perfect again.

Stopped by an auto body shop that I pass everyday to get an estimate.
$550 out the door to make the corner perfect again.

when i got this fixed
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400171611.164292.jpg
to this
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401707602.338380.jpg
I paid about the same $400, but deff make sure there is no bondo being used as you dont want a stick to mess it up. I asked for metal only as i need it to take some small hits. Just a thought if you havent already asked!

Top Bottom