Crawler Concepts Tire Carrier

Speeddmn

It looks like this carrier bolts on top of the factory hinges for the rear gate.

If that is the case, how is this carrier not going to cause extra stress (due to more weight) on the OEM hinges which will cause them to fail prematurely?

To me it looks as if it will replace all the factory hinges and hardware. If thats the case it should hold up very well.

BlackRubiJKU

Hinges

The OEM hinge (base) is not used. As the photos illustrate; replacement hinges are provided. Only half of the hinge (that does not bolt to the body) is used, to hold the tailgate on. The weight of the tire, and carrier is supported by the supplied hinge. The same method is used by Poison Spyder, and GenRight.

IMG_0875%20(Large).jpg IMG_0884%20(Large).jpg

I purchased the cc carrier at Jeep Beach. It just arrived two days ago and looks awesome. The only question that I have with the carrier is that it did not come with any sort of installation instructions. I know it is a straight forward install but instructions would be nice. Does anyone have any hints on how do adjust the hinges once everything is installed?

BlackRubiJKU

I purchased the cc carrier at Jeep Beach. It just arrived two days ago and looks awesome. The only question that I have with the carrier is that it did not come with any sort of installation instructions. I know it is a straight forward install but instructions would be nice. Does anyone have any hints on how do adjust the hinges once everything is installed?

Install the hinges one at a time, and you shouldn't have any issues. In other words, leave on factory hing bolted up while you are installing one CC hinge.

BlackRubiJKU

Looks good. Does the carrier stick out from behind the tire on the drivers side when the tire is mounted to it?

It would depend on the size (diameter) of the tire, but yes. The braket that holds the tire can be adjusted, so that the tire is firm against the carrier. This allows minimal movement while the vehicle is in operation.

Top Bottom