Craziest Obstacle

longarmwj

IMG_0083.JPG
Biggest pucker factor for my WJ was at Black Moose’s Colby Creek. It’s an already slick trail but the rain didn’t help. The very top is a solid slab of rock that has a tendency to throw you one way or another. I got up on that and came very close to rolling that day. Closest I’ve ever been to laying a Jeep on its side.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

That's a story I did not hear. 🤔

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

This was at the waterfall where you winched at Calico

Don wanted me to go left, like before, but I wanted to try a different way, and went right. It was working, but halfway up, the right rear tire slipped off the rock and we just leaned over and stared at the sky.

Attachments

• IMG_20190119_125841-1008x756.jpg
    IMG_20190119_125841-1008x756.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 152
  • MVIMG_20190119_125857-1008x756.jpg
    MVIMG_20190119_125857-1008x756.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 139

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
A lot of moments like that miss getting photographed due to there being more important things going on, like saving your ass. Once things calm down, you usually hear "Damn, I wish I had a picture of that"

Those were definitely some of them! Sometimes I think it’s a better time that way anyway, you’re focused on living in the moment and just doing what your doing, not on how great something will look on social media.

The BAD Influence

Dome Plateau

This was our first trip to Moab. I was so scared going down this little hill. I was nervous anyway because I'd aired down to 22psi and was worried about popping the bead.
This discussion going on included hooking a strap to our sons truck, behind us, and dragging us backwards.
We finally made it down off the last step, then around and back out. On the way back to the road I remember passing a few guys and telling them to turn around, the obstacle ahead was too gnarly to attempt. None of them did, and were nice to me. We've never been back, but probably should since we've now done Kane Creek and Cliffhanger, with less drama.
Good times.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1524575539815.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524575539815.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 136

TonyT

Caught the Bug
The toughest trail Ive been on in the video below. Its a down, and back trail. So as you pass each obstacle you know you're gonna have to hit it again on the way back. However, the turnaround point is a beautiful beach cove on Saguaro Lake accompanied by young ladies in bikinis, so its totally worth it.

It was a real eye-opener. Not only did these guys in their buggies and back-halved jeeps do some incredible obstacles, but the pace was fast. One guy was not really cool about me being there the first half of the trip, you can hear him tell his girlfriend I should have taken the easier way at 2:45. He warmed up a little after we got back.

Overall it was an awesome day and by far my favorite trail to date.

Last edited:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
This was our first trip to Moab. I was so scared going down this little hill. I was nervous anyway because I'd aired down to 22psi and was worried about popping the bead.
This discussion going on included hooking a strap to our sons truck, behind us, and dragging us backwards.
We finally made it down off the last step, then around and back out. On the way back to the road I remember passing a few guys and telling them to turn around, the obstacle ahead was too gnarly to attempt. None of them did, and were nice to me. We've never been back, but probably should since we've now done Kane Creek and Cliffhanger, with less drama.
Good times.

That’s funny stuff! We’ve all had that experience whether we choose to admit it or not.

fiend

Caught the Bug
The toughest trail Ive been on in the video below. Its a down, and back trail. So as you pass each obstacle you know you're gonna have to hit it again on the way back. However, the turnaround point is a beautiful beach cove on Saguaro Lake accompanied by young ladies in bikinis, so its totally worth it.

It was a real eye-opener. Not only did these guys in their buggies and back-halved jeeps do some incredible obstacles, but the pace was fast. One guy was not really cool about me being there the first half of the trip, you can hear him tell his girlfriend I should have taken the easier way at 2:45. He warmed up a little after we got back.

Well done. That looked gnarley.

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Nice trail, and good job getting through unscathed.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Nice trail, and good job getting through unscathed.

:beer: Thanks! I didn't get through unscathed exactly, but nothing I was worried about. Here's another clip of a couple of the obstacles. One pushed in my fender and a door mount, which is why Im now rocking the EVO armor all-around. And toward the end of the trail I noticed the upper rear suspension link broke. I removed it and had no issues. Clayton later changed it's design in their long arm kit now using a thicker wall tube and some gussets.

BTW. I just saw Eddie's Dynatrac video. I had the ProRock44 up front at the time. Blew me away the abuse this axle took. :thumb:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I hit a whoop to hard once. Jen hit her head off the roll bar. She punched me in the face.

I saw stars. That was unexpected.

jdofmemi

:beer: Thanks! I didn't get through unscathed exactly, but nothing I was worried about. Here's another clip of a couple of the obstacles. One pushed in my fender and a door mount, which is why Im now rocking the EVO armor all-around. And toward the end of the trail I noticed the upper rear suspension link broke. I removed it and had no issues. Clayton later changed it's design in their long arm kit now using a thicker wall tube and some gussets.

BTW. I just saw Eddie's Dynatrac video. I had the ProRock44 up front at the time. Blew me away the abuse this axle took. :thumb:

Damn!

That looks like fun. Too bad about the fender, etc.

That was a great video 👍

Top Bottom