CrippledPetey Build Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl17z90

What size are those muds? I saw earlier that you wanted 40's. Are you going to run these until you get the pro rock 60's installed?

Added my EVO 1/4 pounder with a Warn Powerplant and Ridgid D2's. I also swapped out the cable for Technora synthetic line from jeepswag.com.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364275810.621583.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364275921.733089.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364275933.983173.jpg

I also removed the rear bumper installed a hitch and EVO rear tow points.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364275978.016783.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364275988.100668.jpg

StrizzyChris

Like a BOSS! Who needs cardboard protecting their pretty concrete floors?!

Here is the RIPP MODS CAI. I ended up going with this one for a few reasons. First I liked the overall sound and install of it. Second it gives me plenty of room in the engine compartment for other things like PSC resivoirs, DBox's, compressors, etc. So far I have been really happy with it.
View attachment 17020

How do you like the CAI? Im thinking about this as well to clear up space in my engine bay. Did you install it at the same time as your Exhaust? If not, and you installed it later, did it change the sound much? As much info of changes you experienced and can give on your opinion of this would be great.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Sweet looking ride! Do you have any pics of different angles showing whole rig. Would love to see. When you trimmed your flares did you keep or trim supports as well? Looking really nice!:rock:

Prime8

Waiting for the salt to stop flying before installing my PowerPlant HD on my 1/4 pounder. Any tips or tricks?

StrizzyChris

Waiting for the salt to stop flying before installing my PowerPlant HD on my 1/4 pounder. Any tips or tricks?

Again, mine is the 9.5ti but has the same rear clearance. The install was super easy! Installed the bumper first, then mounted the winch. The rear two bolts are tight to get to and my ratchet wrenches were clutch. The front two are cake with the two holes that EVO has in the bottom of the (new)bumper.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Prime8

Again, mine is the 9.5ti but has the same rear clearance. The install was super easy! Installed the bumper first, then mounted the winch. The rear two bolts are tight to get to and my ratchet wrenches were clutch. The front two are cake with the two holes that EVO has in the bottom of the (new)bumper.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Thanks Chris. I'll have to check mine out to see if its "new" or not. I know my stinger is still the old design, as I had to beat it unmercifully to get my shackles to fit... Haha

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm subscribed you caught my eye with this one

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Like a BOSS! Who needs cardboard protecting their pretty concrete floors?!

Hahahahaha ya we are planning on finishing our floors when done so why bother :yep:

How do you like the CAI? Im thinking about this as well to clear up space in my engine bay. Did you install it at the same time as your Exhaust? If not, and you installed it later, did it change the sound much? As much info of changes you experienced and can give on your opinion of this would be great.

So far I love it. I did change the intake and exhaust at the same time so I don't know the actual sound change. I haven't had any issues with it and actually love all the room it free'd up. It will also accept a snorkel if thats your thing but after quite a few runs in the snow and mud the thing has stayed clean and clear.

Sweet looking ride! Do you have any pics of different angles showing whole rig. Would love to see. When you trimmed your flares did you keep or trim supports as well? Looking really nice!:rock:

I do have them just haven't had the time to pull them off the camera. I will try to get it done this week.

Yes I kept the inner supports for the flares. I basically used WOL's write up on project-jk.

If you're lucky it will be snug but "just work". If you're like me it will suck, haha. The biggest thing for me was to grind down the middle hump on the left side of the winch to get the holes to line up properly. Outside of that its straight forward just not a lot of room. Ratcheting wrenches will be your friend :yep:

Prime8

If you're lucky it will be snug but "just work". If you're like me it will suck, haha. The biggest thing for me was to grind down the middle hump on the left side of the winch to get the holes to line up properly. Outside of that its straight forward just not a lot of room. Ratcheting wrenches will be your friend :yep:

Crap. I don't have ratcheting wrenches... Just have regular wrenches and socket wrenches... Excuse to buy more tools!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom