Cut Fender Thread

Rb1boxer_3

I cut mine a couple weeks back. I used a Dremel with cut off wheel it worked fine. I just need to go back and smooth it then add the moulding to it. 1477713811340.jpg 1477713840202.jpg

Out in the Boonies

uberc4

Yes, they do flap a tiny bit, but I haven't had any issues with them flying off even in high winds. Then again, it all depends on how you cut them. (Mine are flat) If you cut them to have a slight curve, they should not have that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Fixing to dive into this! We are going to use a dremel. What kinds of blades are you guys using ?

WJCO recommended one to me but I can't find the post.

WJCO

Meme King
Fixing to dive into this! We are going to use a dremel. What kinds of blades are you guys using ?

WJCO recommended one to me but I can't find the post.

It's this one. Someone on here recommended it before me. It's still messy, but it definitely keeps the plastic cooler than other bits so it doesn't clump as bad. Just use masking tape for a guideline. I found the bit at Home Depot.

https://www.ebarnett.com/Sku/246746...trwr4HxosTqbYtk96kE_zF0gfUWUxRuYpkaAtKz8P8HAQ

WJCO

Meme King
I have used this cutting wheel with the Dremel. It cuts at a lower RPM and keeps the plastic from melting and flying off. It should be where the Dremel attachments are located.

It was this post #358. This is the bit.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
This maybe a dum question but how do the cut fenders not flap around while driving down the highway

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I used a few globs of silicone between the fenders and the supports. no problems with flapping, and HOPEFULLY if the need arises the fenders will still tear off before the support hardware causes any damage to the body.

n3tfury

Neither silicon, 3M tape, or Gorilla glue worked for me. All of those wound up softening up in the heat in AZ and killed its adhesive properties. I wound up using J-B Weld and it hasn't budged since March. Got back from a 2700 mile road trip as well and zero movement.

Top Bottom