Cut Fender Thread

MericaMade

So what are you guys using to secure the fender better so it doesn't flop around so much?

Are you gluing the fender from underneath or using double stick tape?

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

So what are you guys using to secure the fender better so it doesn't flop around so much?

Are you gluing the fender from underneath are using double stick tape?
Is this a hypothetical question? I didn't do anything to mine and they move only ever so slightly at 70mph. May depend on what cuts you do.

WJCO

Meme King

Are you gluing the fender from underneath are using double stick tape?

We took all inner fenders and supports off on my wife's Jeep and trimmed the outer portion. Only once have we noticed it flapping and it was because a fender clip came loose. Make sure those are all intact and present. Other than that, ours doesn't flap at all that we've noticed.

JeepJeep75

I’ve noticed mine flip and flop a bit when I get out on open highways. In our lovely LA freeway/gutters, they never move. Maybe it’s because I’m not moving more that 6-7 mph. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Is this a hypothetical question? I didn't do anything to mine and they move only ever so slightly at 70mph. May depend on what cuts you do.

I thought about this, at first. After driving it decided it wasn't at all necessary.

We took all inner fenders and supports off on my wife's Jeep and trimmed the outer portion. Only once have we noticed it flapping and it was because a fender clip came loose. Make sure those are all intact and present. Other than that, ours doesn't flap at all that we've noticed.

I’ve noticed mine flip and flop a bit when I get out on open highways. In our lovely LA freeway/gutters, they never move. Maybe it’s because I’m not moving more that 6-7 mph. [emoji849]

I cut the fenders right at the crease line and left about 2 inches on the front curve so they are not flat. I only had to do minor clean up to the inner fender. Around 30 mph I can hear them flop a little. I am going to try and add some double sided gorilla glue tape to secure the underneath of the outer fender to the top on the inner fender. I though some might have run into this issue.

jesse3638

Hooked

Are you gluing the fender from underneath or using double stick tape?

I could hear mine tapping on the under structure while driving and it drove me crazy. I had The Right Stuff gasket maker left over from my diff cover install and put a bead of that on the under structure, pressed the fender into it, and put a brick on them until it dried. Its been good for the last 5 years. Plus I think it kept me from losing my passenger front fender when 3 clips popped loose.

TrailHunter

Hooked
A little off topic, but last night I discovered that Mopar makes a High Clearance fender for the JK... I had no idea... Not as clean as the JL, and expensive, but thought it was cool for someone that wanted a more stock look. And just like the JL they claim 35’s no lift, 37’s with a 2” lift.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
A little of topic, but last night I discovered that Mopar makes a High Clearance fender for the JK... I had no idea... Not as clean as the JL, and expensive, but thought it was cool for someone that wanted a more stock look. And just like the JL they claim 35’s no lift, 37’s with a 2” lift.

Did the Rock Hard or Recon edition come with these? I thought I remember reading or seeing this. I could be wrong.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I cut the fenders right at the crease line and left about 2 inches on the front curve so they are not flat. I only had to do minor clean up to the inner fender. Around 30 mph I can hear them flop a little. I am going to try and add some double sided gorilla glue tape to secure the underneath of the outer fender to the top on the inner fender. I though some might have run into this issue.

I used this to keep my fenders from flapping.
22552691_1533729203384932_4479745029344759651_n.jpg

Top Bottom