Cutting OEM fenders

bouche03

I ended up not using any of the edging on mine. After trimming them I used an orbital sander (a DA would work too) and sanded the edges nice and straight. Never had any issues with mud/water/rain/snow. My fenders do not flap at speed either.

I generally try to avoid this shit but sometimes you are forced to deal with it. Ran through a good sized stream after this and helped to wash a good bit of the junk off of it. :icon_crazy: Water was up to the doors splashing everywhere (on purpose). You won't have any issues if you decide to skip the liners

View attachment 278353

View attachment 278354

I looked over your build thread and you did a great job with your flares, the cuts seem really straight. What did you use to trim them before you went after them with the orbital sander? Also, do you run liners to keep them from flapping on the highway?

jdofmemi

Just put a sport cage in. The lower bar blocks the view of the fenders.

They can flop like chicken wings for all I care, as long as I don't have to look at them doing it.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I looked over your build thread and you did a great job with your flares, the cuts seem really straight. What did you use to trim them before you went after them with the orbital sander? Also, do you run liners to keep them from flapping on the highway?

Some double sided gorilla tape between the structural support and the fender helped to stop any flapping on mine .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom