D60/60 vs D60/14 - JKU

MTBnJeepn

Hey all, I’m currently in between Jeeps. The plan was to get a stock JKU and put some Fusion D60/14b underneath it. However, I found a JKUR with an LS2 and Fusion D60/60 (70.5 WMS)40x13.5r17.

I really like the Jeep overall. I don’t have all of the specifics on the axles yet, but how big of a difference is a D60 rear, and a 14 bolt rear (or 13b). This will be my first Jeep on tons. Wheeling will be mostly Texas and Moab, The Rubicon is a bucket list.

Sorry about the terrible picture, only one available of the under side right now.

Attachments

• IMG_9885.jpeg
    IMG_9885.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 14

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Hey all, I’m currently in between Jeeps. The plan was to get a stock JKU and put some Fusion D60/14b underneath it. However, I found a JKUR with an LS2 and Fusion D60/60 (70.5 WMS)40x13.5r17.

I really like the Jeep overall. I don’t have all of the specifics on the axles yet, but how big of a difference is a D60 rear, and a 14 bolt rear (or 13b). This will be my first Jeep on tons. Wheeling will be mostly Texas and Moab, The Rubicon is a bucket list.

Sorry about the terrible picture, only one available of the under side right now.

You’d probably be money ahead to buy the one already built. With axle will hold up. I’d prefer a 14b over the 60 but not if it meant spending a significant amount more. Price out the cost of build one from stock and compare to what the already built one is asking. Axles, suspension, wheels, tires, steering, etc adds up really quick. Plus an LS is cool.

MTBnJeepn

You’re correct, I would absolutely be money ahead buying this one. I know the 14b has a bigger ring gear, but don’t know about the intricacies of them. I definitely don’t want to do it over. I do wheel, but I’m not a hammer down kind of driver. I’m out of town right now, but have a viewing for it mid-week.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
You’re correct, I would absolutely be money ahead buying this one. I know the 14b has a bigger ring gear, but don’t know about the intricacies of them. I definitely don’t want to do it over. I do wheel, but I’m not a hammer down kind of driver. I’m out of town right now, but have a viewing for it mid-week.
Sounds even more like the 60 rear would be plenty fine for you. 14b is stronger, has a larger ring gear and has a pinion support bearing. 14b has threaded collars to adjust carrier preload vs shims in the 60. You’d have to look up the difference in specs on spline count and tube diameter and thickness. If I were in your shoes I’d get the built jeep as long as the price is right, it’s not beat up and is something you like.

Top Bottom