dana 30 to dana 44 up front and have some question please advice and Help.

Orage_Jeeper

Not to hack the thread at all but had a few questions regarding the same type of scenario. I'm planning on going from a D30 to a PR44 up in the front and I have called Dynatrac and Rusty's offroad (they're the closest to me) and I really wasn't able to get the question answered.
SO,
- Can I use the knuckles that are currently on the 30?
- If so then what do I do about axle shafts? Ive heard that you either have to go with RCV or reuse the D30 outers and if I reuse the D30 outers then do I need to buy a certain length inner shaft to fit with the D30 outer shaft and knuckles?
- Am I going about this wrong by trying to use the stock knuckles and outers?

Thanks!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not to hack the thread at all but had a few questions regarding the same type of scenario. I'm planning on going from a D30 to a PR44 up in the front and I have called Dynatrac and Rusty's offroad (they're the closest to me) and I really wasn't able to get the question answered.
SO,
- Can I use the knuckles that are currently on the 30?
- If so then what do I do about axle shafts? Ive heard that you either have to go with RCV or reuse the D30 outers and if I reuse the D30 outers then do I need to buy a certain length inner shaft to fit with the D30 outer shaft and knuckles?
- Am I going about this wrong by trying to use the stock knuckles and outers?

Thanks!!!

I swapped from a 30 to a pr44

Yes you can swap the knuckles over and reuse the whole outer.

You do not reuse the d30 axle shafts. You can get 4340 chromoly shafts with full circle clips from Dynatrac which is what I would suggest.

No your not going the wrong way at all trying to reuse the stock outers as the pr44 is built so you can reuse all the outers.

Orage_Jeeper

I swapped from a 30 to a pr44

Yes you can swap the knuckles over and reuse the whole outer.

You do not reuse the d30 axle shafts. You can get 4340 chromoly shafts with full circle clips from Dynatrac which is what I would suggest.

No your not going the wrong way at all trying to reuse the stock outers as the pr44 is built so you can reuse all the outers.

So by using these axle shafts I would have to reuse the d30 outer shaft? Also if that's the case then would length of the shaft be an issue?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So by using these axle shafts I would have to reuse the d30 outer shaft? Also if that's the case then would length of the shaft be an issue?

No you don't have to but you can reuse it. I got g2 stub shafts and new u joints then gave my stock shafts away to friends for spares.

Also I believe Dynatrac now has complete shafts with full circle clips available.

Orage_Jeeper

No you don't have to but you can reuse it. I got g2 stub shafts and new u joints then gave my stock shafts away to friends for spares.

Also I believe Dynatrac now has complete shafts with full circle clips available.

Okay thanks for clearing that up. Did you have to get a new pinion yoke as well?

Top Bottom