dash lights

Brent

Hi,
My 1998 2.5 5 speed never had a lit climate control center. From the day I bought it brand new, 224000 mils ago I never new there was a light. I always had to turn on the interior light to see the controls and just eventually memorized them. Low and behold, yesterday as I pulled out of my driveway for the 50 mile drive to work a light came on in the climate controls! Who new??!!!
Of course it worked for 24 hrs and stopped. I didn't know the light existed so I never thought to fix it. Anyone have any ideas on where to start or should I wait until I replace the fan switch this summer?

Thanks, Brent

My 2003 4.0 is easy to change, I think. I say I think because I never changed em but if you take the climate control thing out, you need to pop out the plastic around it and then pop up the center of the defrost on the windshield. However, if your light just turned on, (I may sound like captain obvious) it's probably a wiring problem. I wish I could I could give you more info on this but like I said, I never have done it but figured I should give my 2 cents on this. Hope this gives you more detail on how to change it.

Top Bottom