Day I lost my JEEP

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Damn man. Sorry to hear about your jeep. I had the same thing happen to me last year. Was a hard battle to get what I wanted for the Jeep with all the modifications. Glad you're okay and Goodluck with everything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lol! JKbrick...stand in line...i have sliding glass on them instead of vinyl windows. I'm furst inline for those. Thanks guys for info on airbags.
I think them not going off prevented more damage. When I saw I was headed towards the divider, i tucked my head toward my driverside pillar. If the bag would have gone off, I would have it go off inches from my face...

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn man I'm sorry. Hate to see these kinda things happen. Just glad you're alright though, that's most important. Looks as if you can salvage some goodies off her no?

Best of luck to you my friend. I'd be pissed and sad and the same time, but I'd sure as hell be giddy about starting a new project. Hopefully not too much comes out your pocket for this.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I'm with everyone else. Jeeps come and go, but you get one life. Glad you're still with us to build another day.

JKbrick

Lol! JKbrick...stand in line...i have sliding glass on them instead of vinyl windows. I'm furst inline for those. Thanks guys for info on airbags.
I think them not going off prevented more damage. When I saw I was headed towards the divider, i tucked my head toward my driverside pillar. If the bag would have gone off, I would have it go off inches from my face...

You can keep the uppers!! Lol, I’ve often wondered if in any accident you have time to think to duck or anything, sounds like you did luckily. Did time go in to slow motion?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
That sucks but you live to build another.

Jeeps don't deploy unless it's a front end collision or have side airbags.

As you negotiate with the insurance company, negotiate upfront that you can remove all your aftermarket items if they don't give you a good price.

If the Jeep is not at your home, I guarantee wreckage buyers are already putting in their bids for your jeep and that would limit your ability to remove aftermarket parts.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Sorry to see this happened! I’m certainly glad to hear you’re okay and not seriously injured. Hopefully insurance/lawsuit covers most of your new Jeep and build!

JKbrick thw flip was instant but the slide with the jeep on it side across 3 lanes of traffic felt like slow motion. I saw that barrier coming so did what I could to not get my head flattened. If I were a foot to my right i would have been goner. Front windshield hit the dash board and rolebar bent inward right where the compartment light is. So yep, I chose right to put my head near the driverside pillar.
Abiut the insurance, I got all reciepts and it adds up to 10k over 6 years...JEEP really does stand for Just Empty Every Pocket...lol...but would do it all again and will doing all again as soon as I get paid.
I do miss her though. 20210119_180027.jpg

JKbrick

JKbrick thw flip was instant but the slide with the jeep on it side across 3 lanes of traffic felt like slow motion. I saw that barrier coming so did what I could to not get my head flattened. If I were a foot to my right i would have been goner. Front windshield hit the dash board and rolebar bent inward right where the compartment light is. So yep, I chose right to put my head near the driverside pillar.
Abiut the insurance, I got all reciepts and it adds up to 10k over 6 years...JEEP really does stand for Just Empty Every Pocket...lol...but would do it all again and will doing all again as soon as I get paid.
I do miss her though. View attachment 358055

This pic is interesting, I wonder how it would be different if you had an aftermarket cage installed

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

More damage pic. Axle was almost ripped off. Shock bent and wheel bent. It was a heavier hit than I thought.
Started stripping the part. Got 5 oem tin and tire for$150 to replace my fuel wheels and procom tire. (Only 2 months old) took out my ARB twin compressor (only a week old) also took out Spod.
Brothers going to come over with his son tomorrow to help take off bumpers. I still cant pick ip anything with left arm. So they're going to do it for me.
Well, I'm gona miss her. She was my first...never forget thw first. 20210122_165513.jpg 20210122_174829.jpg 20210122_164348.jpg 20210122_180128.jpg

Top Bottom