Dealer is screwing me......

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Took Jeep into dealership to check for ABS light today . They wanted 410 for a rear wheel speed sensor .. 220 labor and 150 for the part which is 85 from online vendors . Ended up being covered for 100 deductible from extended warranty . Shit lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Took Jeep into dealership to check for ABS light today . They wanted 410 for a rear wheel speed sensor .. 220 labor and 150 for the part which is 85 from online vendors . Ended up being covered for 100 deductible from extended warranty . Shit lol

That math doesn’t add to 410. I’m the first one in line to bash all dealerships service departments but you can directly compare parts prices to online prices, they’re often not the same. “Original equipment manufacturer” is not the same as a mopar stamped part.

So instead make fun of them for thinking that 150+220 = $410

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

That math doesn’t add to 410. I’m the first one in line to bash all dealerships service departments but you can directly compare parts prices to online prices, they’re often not the same. “Original equipment manufacturer” is not the same as a mopar stamped part.

The wheel speed sensor is like $35 at the dealership. I’ve bought a lot of them.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug

Lol sorry there was a haz mat disposal charge for 22. Total came to just over 400 . I’ll snap a picture for you later .. the issue remains the same .

Overlander I’ll show you the part . Think it was rear wheel speed sensor ..

jdofmemi

I paid about $45 for my first one, from the dealer. Online you can find aftermarket ones for $20 to $35.

I got Mopar ones for $35, last year, but now can't find them under $80. Must be a timing thing.

Top Bottom