Dealership Modded JK

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Don't you feel like all these dealerships are doing wranglers in general a disservice? I mean a wrangler can drive smooth if set up properly and so many newbies get it in their mind that they'd like to get a jeep so they go test drive a lifted jeep and the salesman says "that's just how they drive". Not true, then those people talk to their friends about how shitty jeeps drive and that's how misconception start.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

Screenshot_20170318-075316.jpg

I found the "mercenary Jeep" dealership. I'll admit that I'm still a noob, and before joining wayalife I probably would have looked at one of these jeeps and thought it was a badass build. Another thanks to all members who are so knowledgeable and willing to share.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hot94Z28

View attachment 248668

I found the "mercenary Jeep" dealership. I'll admit that I'm still a noob, and before joining wayalife I probably would have looked at one of these jeeps and thought it was a badass build. Another thanks to all members who are so knowledgeable and willing to share.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Most of their builds look better than some others I have seen come for dealerships. But the mark up is crazy.

I have seen them use all kinds of different brands of lifts. Mainly it's packages you build and finance into your payments.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dominic

Don't you feel like all these dealerships are doing wranglers in general a disservice? I mean a wrangler can drive smooth if set up properly and so many newbies get it in their mind that they'd like to get a jeep so they go test drive a lifted jeep and the salesman says "that's just how they drive". Not true, then those people talk to their friends about how shitty jeeps drive and that's how misconception start.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know I'm reaching here, but a smart individual will drive both an unmodified as well as a modified Jeep to compare how the changes effect the quality and safety.

I have driven an unmodified Rubicon 2 door that was on a secondary lot when it was only a year old and less than 10K on its clock. It had the death wobble beginnings at 40 and became almost scary at 60. The sales man tried to tell me "it's a Jeep thing". This was the first time I actually drove a JK but I knew something was wrong. I went to the dealership and drove another Rubi with 15K on the clock and didn't even notice I was going over 70... it was smooth and easy to drive. After that I knew why that first Rubi was not on a primary lot... it was either wrecked or wheeled hard. They also wouldn't show me a carfax on it... yup hiding something.

MoxieMedic

I'm newer to owning my Jeep but not to admiring them and helping friends work on them. When I was buying mine I looked at everything they had on the lot. There were some beautifully built rigs and some just ugly as sin. I only saw one Rubicon built up. Every one of the sports still had the 30 front end. The salesman had no clue what I was asking about or why, he finally asked someone else .. his answer was "yes but there are no problems and everything is covered by warranty." I was a little horrified.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

There's a few dealers I pass by that do the same thing, build a big jeep with sub standard parts, and accessories. Eye candy, marketing, what ever....and people buy them. Like someone else posted it a dis service to the jeep community. I know the parts guys at one of the dealers that build these jeeps....the parts guys who are jeepers just shake their heads as to what's on the lot.

Case in point this dealer has had a 2015 JKU on a 3,5" Procomp lift, no geo correction, stock front drive shaft, 35 inch x 20 tires, and stock tire carrier. Been for sale now almost a year, they move it around from various lots....I can only imagine how that jeep handles at 100km per hour with no correction up front. And yes, it has 3:21 gears.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom