Death to nutserts!!!

Ok, so I got the first spinning nutsert problem solved. You’ll never guess...... superglue [emoji23]

Now I have another issue IMG_0665.JPG

Bolt won’t go in or out now.... nutsert is just spinning [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Ok, so I got the first spinning nutsert problem solved. You’ll never guess...... superglue [emoji23]

Now I have another issue View attachment 286995

Bolt won’t go in or out now.... nutsert is just spinning [emoji36]

You should have drilled out the nutsert and replaced it.. Cut the bolt head off, then grind it down with a dremel or something. Then drill it out and replace the nutsert.

Markel1

You should have drilled out the nutsert and replaced it.. Cut the bolt head off, then grind it down with a dremel or something. Then drill it out and replace the nutsert.

app[/url]

This

I had to grind the face off one nutsert with a Dremel to replace it, will get into paint some, but go slow and will work. I used touch up paint to prevent rust.

Had no luck drilling out the nursery and was at a loss on what to do.

jeeeep

Hooked
put a pair of vice grips on the head of the bolt to you can pull while you turn to back it out.

seems like you may not have used the right length bolt to seat the nutserts, I'd get the astro tool and find a longer thread fitting to reseat the nutserts

I noticed on some other OEMs install instructions to NOT drill into the inner rocker sheet material. Do you know the reason why? The nutserts stout fab provided would not fully insert without drilling through this material so I am not certain about the reason for this restriction. Anyone have some input?

zimm

Caught the Bug
I don't know. But "OEM" is Original Equipment Manufacturer, which is usually Jeep itself. Do you mean "aftermarket company"?

Top Bottom