Decisions decisions......

mikesJK15

I went with a 285/75/17 it is 33.8 tall I compared it to some 35’s and the height is close but they are about an inch narrower. I still get over 19 mpg and ride is decent at 29 psi. I went with Falken wild peak since they had 55,000 warranty and no road noise. They do good all around for a daily driver. In all honesty I don’t think a 35 would have changed anything

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Honestly it depends on what you’re going to do the most with your jeep, I put on the Evo leveling kit and 285‘s on slabs and I think it looks great but that’s just my opinion

Edit: mine is only a two door though I don’t know you’re driving

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ibis9999

Hey everyone! I’m new here and bought a 2017 Sahara last year that I’m getting ready to put a 2.5” lift in. I’m struggling with the tire size I would like. My commute to work is very long so I know I need to be a little bit practical but I also don’t want the tires to look too small. I need some ideas. I know 33s are probably the right answer but 35s look so much better. Torn.....

Hey Mr. Monkey,

I’m in the same position as you right now. I’m curious to know if you have considered your gearing in relation to your choice of tire size?
I have 3:21 gears on a 6 spd manual and I was told not to go larger than a 33 size tire.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Defcon3JKU

There is a thread on here about it. I'm trying to keep an open mind about 17" wheels. I really want a 20", but everyone is telling me that's it's a bad idea.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had 35x12.5x20 on my first Jeep and hated them. They come on it from the dealership when I bought it. I can tell you that after owning 17’s now, it’s a much better ride and looks a lot better. A guy I work with has those wheels posted in a 20” on 35s and hates how rough it rides compared to his old setup of 17” on 35s. I would stick with 17” or max 18” if you want a little more wheel. 20s are for looks mostly unless you get 20” beadlocks with 40s. Just my opinion on the looks and ride quality. If you can plan on taking it off-road at all don’t do 20s on 35s, it will start taking damage and look horrible in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom