Decission to be made new wrangler or new truck

Pyro1415

I have a 2010 JKU and it was a little gutless. The programmer helped a lot but it doesn't bother me because I have a 4 cylinder YJ on 35s that's slower. I also have a 2002 F250 with the 7.3L that's almost at 300k miles. Still runs great and is perfect for towing. It's simple and has proven to last. I know you want a 2012 and up diesel but then you have to deal with emissions and a big price tag. I spent $11k on my truck which left me plenty left over to mod my jeeps. I don't know if you've every owned a diesel but you can find yourself on a slippery slope of expensive aftermarket parts. It's easy to talk yourself into injectors, exhaust, turbo upgrades and programmers. (I fully support by the way, lol) I would look for an older diesel/trailer keep the 2010 and make it sweet. If you do decide to go with an older Ford then stay away from the 6.0. Good luck.

Want something newer my dad has a 7.3 and they are awesome but I simply can't afford to blow a turbo or something else on my way. Plus check out the power, longevity and gas mileage. This will be my truck for the next ten years and I'd like it to be as worry free as possible.

I would consider a fourth option. Sell the 2010 and grab a used 2013 or 2014 JKU. The 2015 and 2016 computers are encrypted (last I remember) so engine tuning is out. I'm not sure you'd want to tune, but it's something to consider. Also, buying a one-year old vehicle can save you all that first-year depreciation and you still get a few years of factory warranty should anything bad happen.

I don't plan to tune and I'm sure someone will make a hack. Price of a 2013 rubicon 35k price of a 2016 rubicon 37k... It's stupid plus I don't want another jeep messed with by the previous owner.

Top Bottom