Defund the Police

CalSgt

Hooked
LOL... The future involves cutting LE agencies down, reducing proactive policing by refusing to prosecute certain crimes, and crime rates soaring until there is sufficient public outcry for reform. Democrat run cities (and politicians) will push for the feds to take policing over entirely.

Welcome to the new world order.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Civilian policing is stupid and will never work. I can’t wait to watch Karen or Shenanay pull someone over for speeding...that should end well.

We should be allocating more resources to police, not less. But, those resources should be properly allocated to help officers better cope with the fact that 90% of their daily human interactions are with fucktarded people.

benatc1

Hooked
I think it's upon us whether we like it or not, my only hope is, assuming there is inevitable change, that it's actually not a defunding but maybe re-alocation of resources, in reality if there actually is a issue then they need to train officers better, vet them better and ultimately pay them more for being more specialized. I think what these people really want is "demilitarized" police but are asking for the wrong thing. Whole situation is just crazy, but ive always supported the police, but I think there are certainly bad apples on both ends and of course the media only highlights them.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I think it's upon us whether we like it or not, my only hope is, assuming there is inevitable change, that it's actually not a defunding but maybe re-alocation of resources, .
Hire a shit ton more black cops.. White cops don't have a chance in hell in black communities anymore. When you have a race of people who decide WHEN and IF they want to go to jail that day it's a lose-lose situation.
But defunding the police is as stupid as AOC.

benatc1

Hooked
Hire a shit ton more black cops.. White cops don't have a chance in hell in black communities anymore. When you have a race of people who decide WHEN and IF they want to go to jail that day it's a lose-lose situation.
But defunding the police is as stupid as AOC.
That's a good point, white cops will be under the microscope in those communities

WJCO

Meme King
Defunding the police is the stupidest shit ever. This idea really is about 2 years old and the media fuels it. There's been things in motion for about 20 years to have a federal police force rather than power at the local level and it's dangerous. We need more power at the local level and less power at the federal level.

Robar

The Enforcer
Democrat run cities (and politicians) will push for the feds to take policing over entirely.

Welcome to the new world order.
Germans during WW2 called them Brown Shirts.

I think it's upon us whether we like it or not, my only hope is, assuming there is inevitable change, that it's actually not a defunding but maybe re-alocation of resources, in reality if there actually is a issue then they need to train officers better, vet them better and ultimately pay them more for being more specialized.
I don't see the difference between defunding and reallocating funds.
I think what these people really want is "demilitarized" police but are asking for the wrong thing.
I think the bad guys need to be "demilitarized" too. Make that happen and the police can go back to Mayberry Land.
Whole situation is just crazy, but ive always supported the police, but I think there are certainly bad apples on both ends and of course the media only highlights them.
Agreed.
I fear the call for Federal police from the party that is currently in power.
Again look up German Brown shirts.

WJCO

Meme King

Exactly. People may say these are extreme viewpoints but that's exactly what is happening. Look around. What's wrong is right and what's right is wrong. Look at the pressure that government and citizens push on masks. Look at the fact that you have to be sexually assaulted to get on an airplane. This whole 'defund the police' is a social tactic for federal control. And all in the name of "if you disagree then you're racist." It's bullshit. I sincerely hope that any of these police defunders are in a situation where they have to call 911 and the operator tells them 'Dear valued customer, Due to limited response resources, we will process your request within 24-48 hours......'

benatc1

Hooked

I don't see the difference between defunding and reallocating funds.

I think the bad guys need to be "demilitarized" too. Make that happen and the police can go back to Mayberry Land.

Agreed.

I'm not staying I agree with reallocation, just said if there IS inevitable change I hope they don't take money away from them by actually defunding, but the difference is moving money around vs taking it away, and ultimately they probably need to increase funding to achieve what these groups want.

I don't believe that in general any changes need to be made but the media propagates their agendas and makes this worse than they seem. Bad guys certainly need to be demilitarized if the cops are- which again I never said I agree with, but that seems to be more what certain groups want and they are to dumb to protest for the correct action that they want.

Robar

The Enforcer
I'm not staying I agree with reallocation, just said if there IS inevitable change I hope they don't take money away from them by actually defunding, but the difference is moving money around vs taking it away, and ultimately they probably need to increase funding to achieve what these groups want.

I don't believe that in general any changes need to be made but the media propagates their agendas and makes this worse than they seem. Bad guys certainly need to be demilitarized if the cops are- which again I never said I agree with, but that seems to be more what certain groups want and they are to dumb to protest for the correct action that they want.
I wasn't trying to call you out but reallocation usually means defunding. In any department the first place money is cut is training, then equipment, then personnel.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I'm against Defunding the police..
IMO the the biggest problem is people not following police instruction.
Certainly there are things the police do that are unacceptable, that said, in a huge amount of incidents the negative outcome simply wouldn't have happened if the suspect had simple have followed the police instructions.
If you're getting handcuffed ... DON'T FIGHT..
Don't reach for the weapon..
Drop the weapon..
Show your empty hands..
The problem is nobody is willing to point that out.

Robar

The Enforcer
I'm against Defunding the police..
IMO the the biggest problem is people not following police instruction.
Certainly there are things the police do that are unacceptable, that said, in a huge amount of incidents the negative outcome simply wouldn't have happened if the suspect had simple have followed the police instructions.
If you're getting handcuffed ... DON'T FIGHT..
Don't reach for the weapon..
Drop the weapon..
Show your empty hands..
The problem is nobody is willing to point that out.
People aren't taught to take personal responsibility anymore. If the bad guys comply they can argue in court as the legal system intended not in a fight for you life on an asphalt street.

Top Bottom