Dempsey's Build of K-2 (Jeep formally known as Karen)

Dempsey

Just found this build and read through it. Great read and story and nice Jeep. :)

Hopefully you'll be able to convoy with some of the Houston crew for the Barnwell trip in April. If I could ever get the thread posted! Hah

Planning on getting new tires in march, so ill be itching to go. Plus never been to barnwell and wanna check it out!!! So hurry up and post it!!! :brows:

Lone Star

Just getting caught up on some threads. Looking good, and keep coming with the pictures! Those lights look pretty awesome!

GraniteCrystal

Just read thru your thread. Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Only advice is be careful how much money you put into that d30 axle with lockers. Or are you just planning a rear locker?

Dempsey

Just read thru your thread. Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Only advice is be careful how much money you put into that d30 axle with lockers. Or are you just planning a rear locker?

Plans have changed, and i completely agree with you. Im only putting C-gussets on the dirty 30, and call it a day. Until i break it and then ill up grade and put lockers and regear the rear as necessary.

The big step is happening soon. Putting in the order for Evo C-gussets (anyone out there wanna help a bro out and weld), Evo rear D-ring mounts, 1.75 in spidertraxx spacers, and the AEV ProCal. We all know what come after those purchases...:thumb:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Plans have changed, and i completely agree with you. Im only putting C-gussets on the dirty 30, and call it a day. Until i break it and then ill up grade and put lockers and regear the rear as necessary.

The big step is happening soon. Putting in the order for Evo C-gussets (anyone out there wanna help a bro out and weld), Evo rear D-ring mounts, 1.75 in spidertraxx spacers, and the AEV ProCal. We all know what come after those purchases...:thumb:

Hard wheeling?

IMG_7257.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dempsey

Pulled the trigger today. Bought everything i need and some to run 35s except for the tires themselves. Feel like its finally happening!!
-AEV ProCal
-EVO C-gussets
-1.75" wheel spacers
-EVO rear bumper D-Ring mont

I have a decision to make. Do i keep my 18" Sahara rims and run 305/70R18 or find some old Rubicon or sport 17' rims and run 315/70R17? The 305/70R18 is closer to and actual 35 than the 315/70R17.

Wondering if its really worth all the aggravation to get some old beat up 17" wheels. Having 17s vrs 18s make that much of a difference?

DP1120

Good story and build so far. It reminds me of my build in a way. Hopefully we can meet up at HF one of these days.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You should be fine on 18's. I don't know how much difference there is in tire availability and price. Most people buy Rubi wheels, because they like the look of them.

Kyle7R

You should be fine on 18's. I don't know how much difference there is in tire availability and price. Most people buy Rubi wheels, because they like the look of them.

x2, it's really personal choice at that point, I do think that with 17's you have more "standard" sizes, as opposed to the metrics that seem more common with the 18" rim.

Keep your eyes on craigslist too, never know what you're going to find.

3 of my wheels were on there for cheap, because the dealer had scuffed them.

Me, knowing I was going to wheel and get rock rash jumped all over it. Then ordered two more matching wheels online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
There's a few guys down here running 305/70r18s that swear by them as you get a little more stability on dirt roads from the shorter sidewall. Of course you also get a slightly harsher ride

Top Bottom