Dented panel....help

I say leave it. Dimple looks better than that rr panel.
Besides u can only get a dimple from taking the doors off. :thumbup:

I got the dimple!! And one on the inside of my drivers door. My lovely wife for whatever reason decided to back into the garage in her Tahoe and hooked my door with her rear bumper denting the door breaking the strap and sending my mirror into the panel. I was sitting in the drivers seat of my jeep as it all unfolded!!! Screaming at the top of my lungs for her to stop!!!

Side question..did you ever replace the strap? If so how much was it if you don't mind me asking? I broke my front passenger (rather my girlfriend did) and need to replace it but it looks like its all one piece with wires and everything and I'm too scared to call the stealership to hear what they want for it :cheesy:

Side question..did you ever replace the strap? If so how much was it if you don't mind me asking? I broke my front passenger (rather my girlfriend did) and need to replace it but it looks like its all one piece with wires and everything and I'm too scared to call the stealership to hear what they want for it :cheesy:

the strap cost about 13$ for a smittybilt.

Make one out of paracord.

I replaced the strap on my driver's side. It was a nightmare. I think (but don't remember for sure because it has been a few years) that the stealership charged me around $60-$80 for the harness and strap. The install was brutal in large part due to the fact that I had never pulled apart the door before and I had no instructions or clue what I was doing. It was very difficult for me to fish the harness plugs all the way through the door and over to the power door lock activator. It would have been a lot easier if I could have pulled the window out of the door but, for some reason, I couldn't get it out.

Dry Ice

I've taken out a few little dings by leaving my rig in the sun for a while then taking a chunk of dry ice and appling it to the area. This only works about 2 months out of the year were I live though. lol.

Those are just "Beauty Marks"
"Take it out and Play with it"

Wear your carnage proud!
1373406659476.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Wayalife mobile

Top Bottom