Dents in Cowl panels...Frustrating...I think so.

leximann

Mine happened at 500 miles.... I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out what kind of impact makes that shape until I realized...... Welp I guess its time to join the club I guess :doh:

NAUJK

I dont have pictures of mine I may take some soon... but they are band... I was taking the doors off and the wind just BLEW them right open now I have HUGE dimples its sad :sigh: Did it within a couple months of owning the Jeep.

loonies

I actually never let the front doors swing into the cowl...but once a gust of wind blew my hood off the prop and it slammed into the windshield...it left a nice, long, straight line dent across my hood :doh:

Halas

This almost a 2 year thread resurrection, they actually sell inexpensive jk cowl armor if to feel it to be necessary or there are videos on how to pop a dent by freezing the dent and then heating it with a heat gun.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401071224.921172.jpg

MICP3309

Here's mine..
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397855450.843375.jpg

I say the factory should just take care of this on the assembly line!!! :cheesy: kinda like a final inspection

If you take a piece of 2x3 about 3 ft long you can run it along the fender from the hood and gently press it out. If is creased you will not get the crease out but can make the dent smalled. My wife did this to a friends Jeep this weekend and came out pretty good. Yes my wife did it not I.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Ceithre

Why do you think Golf balls have dimples in them? aero dynamics! dimples on cowls add at least 10 hp and 1 mpg!!

Top Bottom