Denver Area - July 31 - Aug 3 - Black Bear / Imogen / Ouray / Telluride Run

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
My pickup date is around July 15th. So I'll be able to make it up there the 31th-3rd!! Any recommendations on where to stay?

Yes, anywhere that has vacancy. Its a super busy time of year and most things are booked by now so take what you can get or prepare to camp!

uberc4

Most of the hotels seem to be booked or almost full. I don't mind camping seeing as it would just be me. Are y'all staying at KOA?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Most of the hotels seem to be booked or almost full. I don't mind camping seeing as it would just be me. Are y'all staying at KOA?

No I cant recall the name but its a camp cabin site on the north side of town so no tent required

anviljk

Hey I just read black bear Pass is closed until further notice. It's due to an accident on the Telluride side. Hope they get it cleared up for you guys.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

Did you find a place? We're staying at some small place on the north side of town called Riverside Inn.

COLOJK

I'm not sure our agenda yet but look for us, we're hitting all the major ones, CB 16.

Unfortunately the trip didn't come together. We were a little late trying to set the whole trip up and we just couldn't find a reasonably priced place to stay that made sense so we decided it would have to wait until next year. Have a great time! I can't wait to see pictures.

Onefin

I'm not sure our agenda yet but look for us, we're hitting all the major ones, CB 16.

Just saw your jeep parked on Main Street Telluride in front of the thrift store.
Hope you guys are having a nice trip.
I'm stuck working all week, but I did get a last minute slot to run black bear backwards on Saturday, so that should be cool.

How is your trip so far?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Just saw your jeep parked on Main Street Telluride in front of the thrift store.
Hope you guys are having a nice trip.
I'm stuck working all week, but I did get a last minute slot to run black bear backwards on Saturday, so that should be cool.

How is your trip so far?

Ha, yep were here the rest of the week. Amazing so far. Pics to come!

R

RockyMtnAnvil

Just missed you, we were there last week. What a beautiful place!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Man, Black Bear almost made me need new seats. That first narrow shelf on the down slope had me gripping the seat with my butt!

I was actually super underwhelmed. Super easy and not nearly as scary as I was led to believe. Amazing, no doubt, but not a lot of challenge other than paying attention. The highway to silverton is scarier!

The one part where you slide after the falls was the only thing that made me pucker, despite me knowing it was coming.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I was actually super underwhelmed. Super easy and not nearly as scary as I was led to believe. Amazing, no doubt, but not a lot of challenge other than paying attention. The highway to silverton is scarier!

The one part where you slide after the falls was the only thing that made me pucker, despite me knowing it was coming.

Other than one part, you are right, it was not that impressive.

Top Bottom