Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
And then there was the rock incident. Basically this rogue rock jumped out of nowhere and when Mojito Doug hit it, the other rocks (large gravel bed) almost slid him off the mountain. His LR was buried in loose rock and hanging off the edge. We could have winched him around but moving the rogue rock ended up being faster.

Ugh... my family and I have named it F-Rock, as in "F that rock". :doh: Big thanks to anviljk for dragging that SOB out of the way. My Jeep slid off to the driver's rear so much so quickly that there was no way that I could have backed up from the rock without sliding off of the edge. The other alternative would have been for WJCO to winch me sideways from the passenger rear, which would have allowed me to back up... But there's only so much you can expect from a station wagon. 😛

All in all though, it was definitely a fun day on the trail.

anviljk

No problem. That rock was a pain to move with all the loose rocks around.
Ugh... my family and I have named it F-Rock, as in "F that rock". :doh: Big thanks to anviljk for dragging that SOB out of the way. My Jeep slid off to the driver's rear so much so quickly that there was no way that I could have backed up from the rock without sliding off of the edge. The other alternative would have been for WJCO to winch me sideways from the passenger rear, which would have allowed me to back up... But there's only so much you can expect from a station wagon. [emoji14]

All in all though, it was definitely a fun day on the trail.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Here's a video that I put together of our Wheeler Lake adventure. Enjoy the heavy breathing... 11-12K elevation was kicking my ass yesterday. 😅

WJCO

Meme King
Looks like we're going to do MSV/Coney this Saturday 8/24. Any other takers? Would 9am work for everybody or is that too early?

GOING:

doubletapdaddy
bigcale
anviljk
WJCO

Top Bottom