diamond in the rough brought back to life to be enjoyed

enjoylife

jeeptrailer.jpg jeepbefore.jpg jeepapart.jpg jeepwiring.jpg jeepbare.jpg jeepaxle.jpg jeepnewbody.jpg jeepbacktogether.jpg jeepdashin.jpg jeepaxlein.jpg jeepfrontin.jpg

here are some of pictures of the build that i did with my 2006 jeep wrangler rubicon that has 20,000 miles.
i did a body swap where the previous body could not be saved sadly:/
decided to take on the task on placing a 97 tj body on a 2006 set up.
THE DIFFERENCES: coal canister, heater core,shifter boot placement ( everything else lined up like a champ!)
i had relocated the long arm placements as you can see in some of the pictures and reinforced the knuckles. has ten shaft chromoly axles with detroit lockers and 4.88 gears with 37 inch super swampers on a set of 15 inch allied beadlock rims.
it sits well with the rubicon express long arm lift kit and has xrc front bumper, rear bumper, and fenders. and a 9500 pound warn winch with air compressor.
also has mastercraft 5 point harness seats and a rear matching seat to go along with it all for everyone to come along and enjoy the trail riding!
first post I've done about this jeep and figured id toss it all out there for some great guys to see! id love to hear about some of yall's builds as well!
willing to answer any questions.

enjoylife

jeepflexing.jpg jeeponlift.jpg jeeptopon.jpg jeeplandcruiser.jpg

and a few pictures of the jeep after finishing the body swap! still a work in progress though...i laugh at any man who says he is done with his jeep build :cheesy:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Welcome to wayalife. Awesome rig.:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

enjoylife

thanks a lot guys! I'm hoping to maybe meet people on here in the tennessee area! i plan to drive to CA over time

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
So what's the back story of your '06 and what made you go with a TJ body swap? That's unique for sure. Lookin' great now though! :thumb:

enjoylife

oh y'all are fine. but yeah. the body had been rolled and tossed around along and the whole entire long arm lift and it had to be redone. wasn't presentable and wasn't really doing its job at that point. gave me a great chance to learn the jeep inside and out! I'm doing some engine work now to get rid of an undesired sound though. then it'll be able to take some abuse. hope i can find some great people to go wheeling with!

StrizzyChris

looking good! :yup: :thumb:

If you have any specific questions post them up in this thread you started or you can always put TJ specific questions in a new thread HERE

enjoylife

well my tj goes back under the knife. something locked up in the engine to cause oil pressure to drop to none. in the realm of the camshaft synchronizer and the oil pump. the camshaft synchronizer's gear was all messed up and upon looking at it and took the oil pump apart. at every rotation around it would begin to hesitate a lot and not spin freely as it should. with that being said all is good on having oil pressure again. my engine has a knock to it:/ now to venture upon how much damage this 2000 mile old engine has suffered :/ and soon i will need to open up my transmission. this jeep has only seen the trails and barely any street miles. and the transmission sure does make some noises but operates perfectly! perhaps bearings? who knows again. time to put my jeep down to get her at tip top shape again!

enjoylife

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395348263.384961.jpg I've been building my tj up for a week now including a brand new jasper engine transfer case rebuild and new safari snorkel !

Top Bottom