Did you buy your JK modified?

I purchased mine new and stock. I like to know whats been done to my vehicles. Like many others have said its fun making it your own on your own.

I purchased mine new and stock. I like to know whats been done to my vehicles. Like many others have said its fun making it your own on your own.

Agreed. Same here half the fun is doing it your self but that maybe just me. Down side is sometimes you buy the mods 2 or three times before you get what you want but hey i come from landrovers were there is nothing out there and have to make it yourself. ;)

I bought mine built about 4 months ago. I'm not good at saving since something always comes up and drains my stash so I figured I would look at used and built rigs. Got a decent deal on one that was completely built by Off Road Evolution and from what I was told it was for the release of the Nitto Trail Grapplers and 2010 SEMA show. Haven't had a chance to stop by ORE yet to confirm. Love the jeep though.

Everything done to my Jeep has been done in my garage, and I enjoyed every bit of it. That being said to each there own if someone wants to buy and not build that's their decision. Ultimately we're all in the same boat, and enjoy our Jeeps.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

I bought mine built about 4 months ago. I'm not good at saving since something always comes up and drains my stash so I figured I would look at used and built rigs. Got a decent deal on one that was completely built by Off Road Evolution and from what I was told it was for the release of the Nitto Trail Grapplers and 2010 SEMA show. Haven't had a chance to stop by ORE yet to confirm. Love the jeep though.

This is a little different from what i think people are getting at, if ORE had a jeep for sale all tricked out and in my price range i prob would have got that, because they dont f around! dealer mods and other peoples build are a no go for me tho.

This is a little different from what i think people are getting at, if ORE had a jeep for sale all tricked out and in my price range i prob would have got that, because they dont f around! dealer mods and other peoples build are a no go for me tho.

Agree.. A jeep built by an off road shop vs a do it yourself build are 2 different things. Depending on the shop, I would say it's probably built correctly and I would feel better about this purchase, especially if it was used for show or just lightly wheeled. A private sale built jeep could result in purchasing someone else's problems.

Agree.. A jeep built by an off road shop vs a do it yourself build are 2 different things. Depending on the shop, I would say it's probably built correctly and I would feel better about this purchase, especially if it was used for show or just lightly wheeled. A private sale built jeep could result in purchasing someone else's problems.

This is the main reason I jumped on it. Built by a shop who's knows what they are doing, fairly low miles, and set up with all my hopes and dreams? Heck yeah I'm buying it! Craigslist is your friend if you're looking for modified. There are tons but get as much info about the Jeep as possible.

Got mine new and stock. I looked at the ones that were modified and had some serious sticker shock. I knew I could do it cheaper myself:yup:

i bought mine "built" but the problem being when the original owner buys "cheap" parts and the shop installs. Havent had too much of an issue, just make sure you look that thing over.

I have two jeeps, bought the 2012 Rubicon stock, and got the wife a 2014 Rubicon x, kinda already fixed up. Already has front and rear bumpers, and decent rock rails.

re

I bought my 07 a year and a half ago. Second owner, was a soccer moms grocery getter, in like new condition, bone stock. I liked that, blank canvass is great I think, then you can make it your very own Jeep, a reflection of who you are, not a continuation of someone elses vision. Also did they do any mods that were shoddy or potentially dangerous? You never know.

Bought mine stock, been swimming in the money pit not too long after buying the 2.5" BB. I've been wrenching on it since then, that is one hell of a feeling to look at the jeep and see the result of your long hard work.

Bought this one stock. Cant wait to get started on mods

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395063096.097524.jpg
Bought mine stock and built it up from there.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395063132.965351.jpg
Here's how she sits now.

I had a buddy who tried really hard to get me to buy one already lifted and I almost did but I'm so glad I didn't. It been fun making it mine and working on it. My wallet doesn't appreciate I bought it stock but I think it's been worth every penny

If this is your first Jeep, definitely modify it yourself. Wheel it stock first and see how capable it is and what you like and don't like about it. Then modify it to address what you don't like.

I drove mine bone stock for 4 years. I amazed a lot of the guys with older Jeeps with how much wheel travel and how capable a stock JK is.

Got my 2012 JKU completely stock and its really a great experience watching it "grow up" i guess you could say (lift, tires, etc.) It becomes unique to you:thumb:

Bone stock 2011 JKUR - most of the fun (to me) is doing the mods you can by yourself - great diversion from daily life.
To be out on the trails with my loving wife that enjoys the mods and the process just as much as I do is a real blessing as well.

This is the main reason I jumped on it. Built by a shop who's knows what they are doing, fairly low miles, and set up with all my hopes and dreams? Heck yeah I'm buying it! Craigslist is your friend if you're looking for modified. There are tons but get as much info about the Jeep as possible.

If I do ever decide I'm going to sell mine I have a nice thick file folder of all the records, mods, and receipts. I'd be willing to take the time to answer any questions the buyer may have and explain the entire build to them. If they are knowledgeable they'll know that I have done a quality job on it. Also buying stock is fun for the shear shock value of modding a perfectly good brand new $35K vehicle. I put it up on jack stands grabbed my tools and went to work. All your friends and family will think you're totally nuts cutting of the stock control arm mounts to install your long arm lift. And the look on your significant other's face when you come home from work with your bumper cut down to a stubby is priceless...haha.

Top Bottom