Diesel TJ's

PT1400

Check emissions first. At least for Oregon it's against deq to switch from gas to diesel and vice versa no matter what year
I did a ton of research for this for my TJ and the best bets are a 4bt or a 6bt if you can find one like you said, but the very best option would be a lb7 out of a Chevy duramax. At 405 cu it would barely fit under the hood but you'd get amazing torque and amazing mpg

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Downside to living anywhere near Salem and Portland. Out here "in the sticks" we don't have to smog our vehicles. Lol

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Yea realistically like snboarder113 said my TJ will most likely never see a diesel swap. I am for sure though going to swap a new straight 6 in once mine goes. It’s just more convenient for the 6cyl. A lot less expensive as well. I have been thinking about a supercharger though

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Way late but instead of a supercharger have you looked at the stroker kit for the 4.0? With some work it becomes a 4.2 with much more usable power. Just to avoid the incessant whine of a supercharger.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I looked at a stroker 6 for my TJ once, it was a 4.7 liter, the main drawback was it required premium gas or it would run like crap, gas was more expensive then so I gave that idea up. Might be more acceptable now with gas prices being lower.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I looked at a stroker 6 for my TJ once, it was a 4.7 liter, the main drawback was it required premium gas or it would run like crap, gas was more expensive then so I gave that idea up. Might be more acceptable now with gas prices being lower.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you’re trying to compare forces induction to that striker, they’re both going to require high grade gas due to the compression ratios. So kind of a moot point.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom