Diesel vs Gas V-8

Armydog

Damn you all... now I'm searching YouTube videos on LS3 swaps..... Damn it

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
You guys need to drive the new ecodiesel Grand Cherokee and see what an awesome motor that is. My dad just got one on his 2014 GC, and it's a monster. Just as fast as the hemi, torque for days, laughably large range, and gets 32mpg (near 40 if all highway.) Nothing like the diesels of yesteryear.

JKUndaunted

You guys need to drive the new ecodiesel Grand Cherokee and see what an awesome motor that is. My dad just got one on his 2014 GC, and it's a monster. Just as fast as the hemi, torque for days, laughably large range, and gets 32mpg (near 40 if all highway.) Nothing like the diesels of yesteryear.

It may well be a beast now but wait to see how long it lasts. Common rail is not known for its reliability. And they are very expensive to fix. You may save money on fuel but your sure to lose that saving in repairs. It all evens out in the end. I wish him luck with it. He may be lucky. :beer:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cmireles

Something to consider for diesel is the weight of the motors. To build a diesel motor to have gobs of TQ and HP, you "should" be looking at a inline 6, or Duramax. Those motors weight a metric crapload! To save the weight you then choose a smaller 2.something or 3.little bit bigger guy motor. The returns for weight vs power isnt nearly there as it would be for a LS/Hemi swap.

Not bashing V8's, not bashing Diesel's. Love em both and hate em both.

My plans if the money tree ever grows, buy a 3.5L Ecoboost and swap in that little v6 with some upgraded turbos and intercooler. Push 400hp/500tq easy from a motor no larger than the current one. Someting to think about also.

:twocents:

I started a thread on the ecoboost in a jk. Plans are currently in place to do this swap this month. Sounds like fun, huh?

Top Bottom