Differences in the 17-18 3.6?

TheGrendel

I'm putting a sprintex on my 2016 JKU right now - should be dyno tuning monday. I would never run a canned tune by itself.

Sprintex is a positive displacement blower, and unlike ripp or prodigy which utilizes centrifugal compressors, boost and therefore power gains are instant. Centrifugal style blowers have no place on a jeep IMO.

I've also added methanol injection to keep IATs and the engine cool on hot days.

my buddy that runs the Sprintex and actually likes it had access to a local shop in Houston that worked the tune for him. makes a big difference to have a local shop who can get it all running correctly. :thumb:

Exodus 4x4

They’re total shit. They’re forged internals are good but their tuning and turbos are shit. A shop out near me had one and they said it was an absolute nightmare and made the Jeep un-drivable. They switched to a Ripp, did prodigy forged internals, custom radiator and dual fan assembly, and had it custom tuned instead of running the Ripp tune and they say it’s amazing.

Honestly if i could get a custom tune done on mine, I’d run a supercharger. But the remote tunes are always shit

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Like I said, I don’t really know. There’s a shop local to me that turns them out all the time and supposedly it’s great. I chalk it up to ignorance though, and until someone drives a JK with a V8 in it they’ll never really know what’s good and what’s fabulous. You also have to remember people rarely are even honest with themselves when they spend that kind of money.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

feederic

Just in case anyone is interested. I put down 356 ft-lbs of torque and 330 RWHP with some tuning still left to do once I get a FULL tank of 91 octane in it.

This was on my 35" ridge grapplers.

feederic

Dyno any engine and peak power/torque is made near redline.

What you want to see is a flat torque curve, which indicates power building across the RPM. Positive displacement superchargers produce reasonably flat torque curves.

Top Bottom