Disconnecting Sway Bar

bl17z90

The advantage to a product like the jks over moding a stock link is the jks are adjustable so if you were to put a large rlift on you could adjust them to make them longer.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The advantage to a product like the jks over moding a stock link is the jks are adjustable so if you were to put a large rlift on you could adjust them to make them longer.

yes exactly. they said it would fit my 2 inch lift so that is perfect for when i go and get a 3-4 inch lift a year or so in the future. dont need to spend the money again to get a new disconnect system

H8MUD

yes exactly. they said it would fit my 2 inch lift so that is perfect for when i go and get a 3-4 inch lift a year or so in the future. dont need to spend the money again to get a new disconnect system

Was just checking the link you posted and shows they have two different size JKS disconnects. One for up to 2" and one for 2.5"-6". This post is several months old so not sure if JKS made a change to their product.

I need to come up with a better solution than the disconnects that came with my RK 2.5". Does the disconnects being beefier make a difference, and if it does, why? The stock ones are a lot thinner than both the Teraflex and JKS ones, and the Teraflex disconnects come with a bracket to connect them when disconnected.

Just have to make a decision.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Was just checking the link you posted and shows they have two different size JKS disconnects. One for up to 2" and one for 2.5"-6". This post is several months old so not sure if JKS made a change to their product.

I need to come up with a better solution than the disconnects that came with my RK 2.5". Does the disconnects being beefier make a difference, and if it does, why? The stock ones are a lot thinner than both the Teraflex and JKS ones, and the Teraflex disconnects come with a bracket to connect them when disconnected.

Just have to make a decision.

I got the 2.5-6" JKs bars. They are great. I like them cause you take them off completely in less then a min. When I bought them I had a 2" spacer lift and knew I would go higher at somepoint so it all worked out.

Sent from my iPhone

H8MUD

I got the 2.5-6" JKs bars. They are great. I like them cause you take them off completely in less then a min. When I bought them I had a 2" spacer lift and knew I would go higher at somepoint so it all worked out.

And use zip ties to tie the sway bar. If the only difference is the thickness and the Teraflex has the bracket to connect them, then I might go with the Teraflex.

Just need something better than having to wrench them off.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
And use zip ties to tie the sway bar. If the only difference is the thickness and the Teraflex has the bracket to connect them, then I might go with the Teraflex.

Just need something better than having to wrench them off.

No zip ties. I mean completely off. It's just two pins you have to pull on either side then you can put the whole bar in the back seat. In the pic below you can see how it is completely removed.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388002581.396708.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

H8MUD

Got it and understand now. I'm going to try to get a Rubicon used one first if I can find one. If I can't find one, then I'll get the JKS.

Thanks for your help.

bl17z90

Got it and understand now. I'm going to try to get a Rubicon used one first if I can find one. If I can't find one, then I'll get the JKS.

Thanks for your help.

If you plan on a tubi e disco make sure you get all of the wiring with it as well ifyou want to use it with the button.

Sent from my phone?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you plan on a tubi e disco make sure you get all of the wiring with it as well ifyou want to use it with the button.

Sent from my phone?

The harness for the edisco is tied in with that of the lockers so it would be hard to get both. You can get the harness from the dealer for about $120 or from quadratech for $100 (07-09). Also you will need the lower dash piece under the steering wheel on the newer interiors if you want to use the factory switch.

The other option is just to get the EVO no limits which will take the place of the port for the harness.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
The harness for the edisco is tied in with that of the lockers so it would be hard to get both. You can get the harness from the dealer for about $120 or from quadratech for $100 (07-09). Also you will need the lower dash piece under the steering wheel on the newer interiors if you want to use the factory switch.

The other option is just to get the EVO no limits which will take the place of the port for the harness.

You can buy it separate. As well as the switch. I wired one in on my green two door. It really didn't cost that much. I didn't even have to get the computer flashed.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You can buy it separate. As well as the switch. I wired one in on my green two door. It really didn't cost that much. I didn't even have to get the computer flashed.

Where did you get the harness? I've been looking for it but can't find it. If I can get just that harness I'll bypass the factory switch and just put a regular switch in.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Where did you get the harness? I've been looking for it but can't find it. If I can get just that harness I'll bypass the factory switch and just put a regular switch in.

4wd.com had them at the time. I have the wiring diagram somewhere. You splice right into the factory fuse box.

H8MUD

I was planing on using the EVO adapter. PM'ed Eddie and he explained it to me. Been looking all afternoon and it's not an easy part to find on the East coast.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I was planing on using the EVO adapter. PM'ed Eddie and he explained it to me. Been looking all afternoon and it's not an easy part to find on the East coast.

It's not easy to find anywhere, especially in working condition or cheap.

CerOf

Not sure why, but on the teraflex that came with my original BB lift, the zerks that came pre-installed all fell out. TF was quick to send out others. The bushings also cracked on two of them. (Yes, they were greased every 3k miles.)

So, not my favorite or recommended. Ran them b/c they came with the spacer lift.

On a side note, I had one bend on my old ZJ. TF wouldn't swap it out. I did not abuse or do anything out of the ordinary.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

Top Bottom