DIY Metal Grab Handles?

davidc128

If u could get ur hands on a hickie bender u could probably tighten up that bend a little but it might kink it... just out of curiosity how r u bending 3/4 with a 1/2 bender?

Frydaddy

I knew I saw this before, and want to do it myself sometime soon.
1/2" conduit, 90 degree bend, 8mm hardware. 1" vinyl tubing for grip

IMG_3800.jpg
IMG_3803.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
If u could get ur hands on a hickie bender u could probably tighten up that bend a little but it might kink it... just out of curiosity how r u bending 3/4 with a 1/2 bender?

Slow and carefully, haha. The 1/2" bender will "saddle" the corners which I kind of like. I can only get it to work while doing a floor bend, very slowly. The floor seems to offer just enough support to prevent kinking most of the time.

I knew I saw this before, and want to do it myself sometime soon.
1/2" conduit, 90 degree bend, 8mm hardware. 1" vinyl tubing for grip

View attachment 251878
View attachment 251879

I like that idea too! 1/2" might be ok with a custom para-cord grip!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Getting closer! I'm going to cut the "A" pillar plastic and try this design for awhile. Made from 3/4" EMT and carefully bent with a 1/2" bender to get a tighter radius. Flattened the ends with a hydraulic press, drilled a hole in the end, ran a tap thru an existing hole in the "A" pillar and mounted. I need to pick up a heavy duty hose clamp to secure the top end to the roll bar and I should be good to test this out:

IMG_4235.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Because sometimes you just can't stop! [emoji23] Prototype for a rear grab. Not too bad for a first attempt.

IMG_4338.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Got these mounted today. I really like how they are turning out! Next shots will be of the completed project.

IMG_4349.jpg

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4351.jpg

Top Bottom