Documentaries - Tell Us Your Favorites

ob_tj

Cool thread idea. I've got a couple that I have really liked. "Valley uprising" was really good. "Korengal" which is connected to Restrepo. My list of documentaries is too long.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Anyone watch the Warren Buffet movie on HBO? I haven't seen it but I would like to.

No2rdame

Wouldn't that be considered a dickumentary?
I think cockumentary may be a better term for it.

Two I'd recommend are Dealing Dogs and Thundercars of Indiana. If you are an animal lover Dealing Dogs is rough but worth watching. Thundercars was an HBO documentary about local amateur racers, plus it was filmed near where I used to live and showed a factory in my old town.

Chris1015

Hate espn, most 30 for 30s do not interest me. However, some do.

Not sure if these render interest.

30 for 30 - you don't know Bo (Bo Jackson)

30 for 30 - Rand University (Randy Moss)

Really awesome whether you care about sports or not in my opinion. Two really freakishly amazing people. To me, they're like when Predator comes on TV or Waterboy...you have to watch it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eugene

"Our World War" is a series based on first-hand accounts provided by British soldiers of battles in WWI. Live action with overhead animations to show the troop movements and strategy as the battles progress. Very well done, I thought.

jesse3638

Hooked
For those of you who have mentioned The New Yankee Workshop if you haven't seen it The Woodright's Shop on PBS is really good too. It's the longest running (35 seasons) how to show on PBS. I used to watch it with my dad when I was a kid. He uses traditional wood working tools and skills with not much modern technology.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Soaked in Bleach - about the death of Kurt Cobain
Lemmy - About the lead singer of Motorhead
Road - Motorcycles but very interesting
The Long Way Around - About riding motorcycles around the world
Apex: The Story of the Hypercar
Dust to Glory - About racing Baja

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Cool thread idea. I've got a couple that I have really liked. "Valley uprising" was really good. "Korengal" which is connected to Restrepo. My list of documentaries is too long.
Both of these are good. Also, McConkey is awesome; about the pro freeskier and SkiBASE jumper Shane McConkey.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

scrota76

Expedition Overland on YouTube. I watched an episode and was hooked. Their adventure to South America was awesome. Also, the Yukon was cool to. They all drive toyotas, but no one is perfect. Gave me some great ideas for overlanding prep.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Just finished that series. Really great to watch. I've been watching world war 2 in color. Those guys has balls of steal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I learned more from that series about American history than I did in high school. Shows how having nothing with the desire to learn and motivation lead to entrepreneurialism which turned into greed then philanthropy. Those guys have to be rolling over in their graves at what society has become. Entitlement and handouts.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

My favorite is "Scientology and Me" by the BBC with John Sweeney.

You know the hub for scientology is Clearwater, FL... thats also where bruiser conversions is :thinking:

Kalums

Ok so i really liked Nazi super weapons and for those of you who like food documentaries "Jiro dreams of sushi" it is about the man most people in Japan consider the Sensei of the the master sushi chefs.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chris1015

Ok so i really liked Nazi super weapons and for those of you who like food documentaries "Jiro dreams of sushi" it is about the man most people in Japan consider the Sensei of the the master sushi chefs.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app
How did you view the sushi doc? I'm looking for it but only found a Spanish subtitle so far lol. This guy rocks!! What a beast!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom