Door removal after a year...

WJCO

Meme King
We did the 2x4 and floor jack trick. While the jack had a little pressure on the door, had the wife jump on the Rock slider and it came free.

JK07

Not sure if my doors have ever been off [emoji847]. It's a 2007 and I've had it since 2012. I just did the 2x8 and floor jack approach to take my doors off. Took quite a bit of work. Then after swapping in the delrin liners I used a ratchet strap looped through the slider/window opening and swung the door back and forth to help seat the door pins back into the new liners. What a pain but at least the doors swing freely now. They were getting pretty tight so a worthwhile upgrade in my book.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

steve_bk

+1 for Floor Jack + Towels + 6x6.

2007 - 10 years of Chicago winters never removed doors until this summer.

Placed 2 flat stack's 6x6 on top of each under the floor jack put at least 6 inches of rolled up stacked towels in between the door and jack. with the doors opened halfway jacked up slowly until i got to the bottom of the doors with some pressure and rocked back and forth. sure enough they came off pretty easy that way. Used some liquid wrench and WD40 as i was doing it. I put the top of the jack at the bottom of the door as close to the hinges as possible.

Replaced all the inserts with delrin sleeves. Banging out the old sleeves was a whole other issue.

Top Bottom