Draconianwinter's build post

Draconianwinter

It'll definitely be close to being needed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OK I am still looking at things too. nice thing about the items I bought for the jeep is none of it will be a waist since it is suspension if I end up just doing a 2.5 inch lift I can just throw the evo leveler on my brothers jku. he has the Sahara back country edition lol

Draconianwinter

so I also got the skid plate for the brawler lite bumper in and looks like I will have to have the crash bar removed to fit it. I think I may just stock pile the parts as I get them in and do it all at once lol

trailless

Caught the Bug
The leveling kit alone will allow you to run the 35s, with spacers on your factory wheels. Unless you just want to, I wouldn't spend the money on the mopar flares.

I have to agree with thardy. I like the concept but I don't like it enough for $700. I'd just cut the stock flares.

Still, it's your jeep and you should build how you like. That's the great thing about these jeeps!

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The leveling kit alone will allow you to run the 35s, with spacers on your factory wheels. Unless you just want to, I wouldn't spend the money on the mopar flares.

I have to agree with thardy. I like the concept but I don't like it enough for $700. I'd just cut the stock flares.

Still, it's your jeep and you should build how you like. That's the great thing about these jeeps!

X2 (10 characters)

As much as I would like to agree I'm going to play devils advocate and say that if he likes the full coverage stock flare look over cut flares than those really are the only option available.

Draconianwinter

Rather just cut them. And as far as the leveling kit goes I have yet to see where anyone using that without either cutting the fenders or getting after market ones have not had issues with rubbing. Couple problems. One I couldn't a straight line of my life depended on it without a band saw, which I don't own lol. Other problems are I really don't have the tools needed to cut fenders if I could do it without fucking them up, which is not likely to happen lol. The high top fenders will allow supposedly 35s to clear with out any lift and 37s when I go to them in a few years on just 2.5 inches of lift. I actually don't mind how the stock fenders look. Probably more Ann issue of they kind of grew on me lol. Now the other issues. Are lift heights. So far seems that even the leveling kit from evo is still putting putting 2dr jeeps over 3 inches. Which leaves me lost as to exactly what the hell I would actually need to just run that. And sadly seems to vary from one jeep to another.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Draconianwinter

As much as I would like to agree I'm going to play devils advocate and say that if he likes the full coverage stock flare look over cut flares than those really are the only option available.

I actually like both looks lol like I said to thardy though I could mutilate the fenders if I tried to cut them and then have to turn around and have to buy a new set anyway lol

Last edited:

thardy

Banned

I definitely understand where you're coming from and if he absolutely needed cut flares or high line flares to run is setup, I would agree. I'm 99% sure that with the EVO leveling kit and spacers on his factory wheels, he can run factory non-cut flares and 35's without a problem.

Rather just cut them. And as far as the leveling kit goes I have yet to see where anyone using that without either cutting the fenders or getting after market ones have not had issues with rubbing. Couple problems. One I couldn't a straight line of my life depended on it without a band saw, which I don't own lol. Other problems are I really don't have the tools needed to cut fenders if I could do it without fucking them up, which is not likely to happen lol. The high top fenders will allow supposedly 35s to clear with out any lift and 37s when I go to them in a few years on just 2.5 inches of lift. I actually don't mind how the stock fenders look. Probably more Ann issue of they kind of grew on me lol. Now the other issues. Are lift heights. So far seems that even the leveling kit from evo is still putting putting 2dr jeeps over 3 inches. Which leaves me lost as to exactly what the hell I would actually need to just run that. And sadly seems to vary from one jeep to another.

If you really like the cut flare look and your only concern is having the right tools and actually making the cuts, that's easy. Let's figure out when you can make a trip south and we'll take care of it. Or Shane, whytiptoe, is near you, if I'm not mistaken, and I'm sure he'd be happy to help you too.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I definitely understand where you're coming from and if he absolutely needed cut flares or high line flares to run is setup, I would agree. I'm 99% sure that with the EVO leveling kit and spacers on his factory wheels, he can run factory non-cut flares and 35's without a problem.

Trust me I prefer stock cut fenders I was just playing devils advocate with my last post.

As far as 35's on a 2 door with full fenders on the Evo leveling kit he will rub stock full fenders HARD! I have seen gregmort rub his cut fenders pretty good on both his 4 door and his 2 door. Even after adding a 1" spacer (hockey puck), if he had full fenders he would still have rubbed full femders

Ddays

Hooked

I get where you're coming from but its a lot easier than what you'd think. I used a dremel tool with a saw blade I got from Harbor freight. Throw blue painters tape on the fenders as a guide and go s-l-o-w. Honestly you could cut them with a hacksaw or another hand saw of some sort. I cleaned up my edges with an orbital sander I use or woodworking but you can clean them up by hand too. After all if you screw them up you can still buy the Mopar flares and throw them on....

thardy

Banned
Trust me I prefer stock cut fenders I was just playing devils advocate with my last post.

As far as 35's on a 2 door with full fenders on the Evo leveling kit he will rub stock full fenders HARD! I have seen gregmort rub his cut fenders pretty good on both his 4 door and his 2 door. Even after adding a 1" spacer (hockey puck), if he had full fenders he would still have rubbed full femders

Interesting. I had essentially 33s on mine with only Rubi springs and full fenders, would only rub at full flex and full lock. Figured with getting over 2" lift out of the level would give a similar situation. Guess I'm wrong.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Interesting. I had essentially 33s on mine with only Rubi springs and full fenders, would only rub at full flex and full lock. Figured with getting over 2" lift out of the level would give a similar situation. Guess I'm wrong.

Yup here is a pic of gregmorts 2 door and he still had some up up travel left
IMG_1479469807.365987.jpg .
This one he is almost fully stuffed
IMG_1479469895.877601.jpg .

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Gotcha. And he was running the EVO Level? I can't remember.

Edit- that might also have something to do with the slabs BS?

Yes Evo leaving kit with rancho shocks.

Ehhh maybe a little bit also the fact the the tires are slightly larger than your old 33's which makes a difference. Even if he wasn't on slabs he would deff still rub on full bump and turns and possibly still hit just on full bump with full fenders

thardy

Banned
Yes Evo leaving kit with rancho shocks.

Ehhh maybe a little bit also the fact the the tires are slightly larger than your old 33's which makes a difference. Even if he wasn't on slabs he would deff still rub on full bump and turns and possibly still hit just on full bump with full fenders

I hear ya. I also believe vehicle weight has a lot to do with it too, especially with the Plush ride coils.

I'm just a huge fan of testing before spending a bunch of money on flares. All I was trying to get at.

Top Bottom