Drive shaft HELP!!

MICP3309

Well crawled underneath to do some work today, and found I need to get a new front drive shaft!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
. So JE Reel 1350 for me.

So now I have a few questions (still a bit of a newb)
1) do I need to do both shafts at once?
2) I plan to re-gear, does the gearing matter with selection of shafts?
3) until I can get the shafts, is there away to add grease and seal up the torn boot? (Have a wheeling trip in 2 weeks and can't get a new shaft before then)

Thanks for your help guys! Don't want to have to rely on what info I get from a shop.

MTG

Caught the Bug
No.
No.
Not sure how effective it would be.

There is actually a company that makes replacement CV joints. Not sure how much they cost or how much of a pain it will be.

Maybe see if there is a local company that can make you shafts?

Beyrgut

For #3 best you can do is pray it lasts until you get the replacement and if it's the front shaft (appears to be) remove it. Personally I would replace it before any trip if I knew it was bad or bow out of the trip, my luck and most others it would let loose on the trail run and cause unnecessary grief.

In a pinch (temp fix) check craigs list or the local salvage yards for a replacement. Since its a common part that gets upgraded with a lift you might find one pretty easy and cheap.

Last edited:

Jiffy05

If you can't get a new one before your trip just take the front off and put it back on when you get out there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

just post up that you are looking for a drive shaft in the wanted(year and such), i sold mine front an back to a guy down there last week for like 40 bucks just to have them gone!

If you build info is correct I have stock take-offs that will work for you.

I am near Columbus OH. You pay shipping and throw some money in the deal for a cheap dinner to make it worth my time and it/they are yours.

PM if interested. Off of my 13' JKUR Manual with 10k miles when removed. All miles put on at stock height.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Id say free with the fenders if you want those, but not sure if my front would work since I have a 2 door.

Top Bottom