Driveline vibrations?

DKjeep

Your next step needs to be to remove the front driveshaft. Take a close look at the boot that is around the joint that attaches to the transfer case. If it is split anywhere it would have slung the grease out over time and that joint will be failing and can cause the issue. Remove it regardless and drive it. Report back....

deezus

Good idea, thanks. Only issue is, it's unpredictable as to when it happens. I could pull the shaft, but it might take another 2 hours before it actually happens again. Or it might take 5 minutes. It's not happening every time I stop and go. Only sometimes. Usually it's when I've been driving for awhile. Sometimes it's the first stop when I'm leaving my apartment complex.

Have you recently installed a skid plate? I ask because after installing my Rockhar oil pan tyranny plate I notice a vibrant buts vibe or hum when I accelerate but it's because I have exhaust spacers on my 13 rubicon that were put on for my old 2.5 inch lift. Exhaust now touches skid plate hence the hum when I accelerate at first then it kinda goes away.

chitown35

LOSER
Have you recently installed a skid plate? I ask because after installing my Rockhar oil pan tyranny plate I notice a vibrant buts vibe or hum when I accelerate but it's because I have exhaust spacers on my 13 rubicon that were put on for my old 2.5 inch lift. Exhaust now touches skid plate hence the hum when I accelerate at first then it kinda goes away.

This was also my second thought, especially the way things expand in this warm weather.

caminton

No, unfortunately. I hadn't done anything different when it started.

JEEPnGEO

So basically, I need to take it into a shop and have it looked at. I understood most of what you said but I have no Idea how to fix it or even actually diagnose it.

Look for the baring caps. They are under the hoops that keep the driveshaft in place. They are full of needle bearings. My problem was I never rotated my driveshaft when I was looking for my issue so I didn't see the missing cap. Once the guy rotated the shaft we saw the other side and saw that it was missing. You can do it at home just make sure you look at both sides. I am a lefty so excuse the 3rd grader writing. oops on the spelling.
ujoint.JPG

Did you rotate your tires. Balance??? Might have a busted steel belt. Just a thought.

Top Bottom