Drummond Island Summer Run August 1-5, 2018

wjtstudios

Hooked
Two weeks and counting! I have put together a schedule below to help keep everyone together while we are up there. It also has a gear list of things that I have found helpful over the years up there for those that have not been to Drummond or haven't done anything like this kind of a jeep run. We will base out of the Drummond Island resort and we will all meet up in the Trail Head parking lot across from the resort for all the trail runs for those that are not staying at the resort.

View attachment Drummond Schedule and info.pdf .

A couple important things for the trip: For those that have not ordered them yet, you will need a Michigan ORV sticker and ORV trail sticker. I believe you can get them on the island and they are $26.50 and $10.00. You will need cash for the ferry. I believe it is $14.00. And if you are planning on going to Turtle Creek with us, there is a $30.00 fee for that too. There is very limited cell service on the island. It tends to be good near the resort to the west end of the island. On the trails there is zero coverage. As we get close to Marble Head, you can pick up a Canadian tower there, but the do charge you to use it. More things to come as I think of them.

Looking forward to seeing everyone up there!

Rst8rox

Only thing I would add is that there is poison ivy everywhere up there so be aware. I’m getting pumped for this trip....It’s coming up so fast..... Image1531968194.508128.jpg Image1531968207.824658.jpg . I guess I better get to work lol

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Here is the map of the trails on the island. You can buy this map when you get there. We will cover most of the ORV trails on the map.

I have no idea why it is showing up twice.....

Attachments

• Recreation-ORV-Map-2016-2s.jpg
    Recreation-ORV-Map-2016-2s.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Recreation-ORV-Map-2016-2ss.jpg
    Recreation-ORV-Map-2016-2ss.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Rst8rox

I hope you get busy soon, looks like a lot of wrenching!
I know right! Its a good thing its at my buddy fab shop where we have all hands on wrenching and fab-ing things up left and right. I will be making a build thread as soon as its done... we have been documenting everything.

Chris1015

Next time for sure Chris! Are you heading out west this summer?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
No not this summer. I'm pretty much packed up with my coaching jobs. I've been thinking about Utah and and back to Arizona though this late winter/early spring. I'm not sure what you're thoughts are. If you have anything in mind send me a message.

JayLynn

So pumped for this trip!

Give me your opinion guys. I picked up some Artec C gussets but have not had them welded on yet. Local shop in Naperville quoted $425. Worth getting it done before this trip for the peace of mind? I'm assuming yes, but am curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks

Rst8rox

So pumped for this trip!

Give me your opinion guys. I picked up some Artec C gussets but have not had them welded on yet. Local shop in Naperville quoted $425. Worth getting it done before this trip for the peace of mind? I'm assuming yes, but am curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks

It’s definitely not a bad idea to get them put on. It’s rough up there and peace of mind is priceless!!

wjtstudios

Hooked
So pumped for this trip!

Thanks

For sure, if you can do it. There are endless rocks up there.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
So pumped for this trip!

Thanks

Jesus, that’s a lot of money. I had shop around here quote me about $300 and I thought that was a lot. I got lucky enough one of the members here offered to weld them on for me at very good price, he hasn’t been around though. Try looking for a mobile welder, they might come out to your house and weld them on for you, and you can pop the wheels off and have everything ready when they get there. Make sure they weld about 1” at a time and move form side to side, so your ball joints won’t heat up too much.

Top Bottom