DTD + Evo Lever vs. Bolt-On Coil Overs

Jeeper Jr.

Somewhat of a loaded question as not all Coil-Over systems are created equal. What systems might you have in mind?

The only coil-over systems I know are EVO and Icon, and I barely know anything about Icon. I'm trying to figure out why EVO is such a favorite.

I don't even own a Jeep but I intend to have one in the future. I'm just trying to grow my knowledge here.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The only coil-over systems I know are EVO and Icon, and I barely know anything about Icon. I'm trying to figure out why EVO is such a favorite.

I don't even own a Jeep but I intend to have one in the future. I'm just trying to grow my knowledge here.

Search, you have plenty of time.

bl17z90

Most coilover systems are built for high speed desert travel and don't handle well on the road or in other situations.

Evo spent a ton of time and money working with King to valve/tune the coilovers perfectly so that they will perform well in all situations you could put your JK into.

This is why evo is such a heavy favorite

Sent from my phone?

ChaosNein

some of the reasons that the EVO LCG Bolt-On Coil-Over kits are so popular are:

-relatively simple installation

-works with MOST short arm and long arms on the market today without any modifications.

-EVO worked closely KING to develop the proper valving and spring rates for the JK.

-developed to be able to run with OEM track bars

Last edited:
Top Bottom