Dual Battery or just 1 good deep cycle battery

Marauder

I too really want to buy one. It seems like it has a good fit and finish and a lot of thought went into it. The only thing I don't like about the genesis is that you have to cut your stock battery tray to use it as a pseudo bracket to hold the air box. For close to $500, I would think this would have been sorted out more completely with an independent air box bracket. I have been itching to buy one but refuse to cut the stock battery tray to do it. I contacted Shane at genesis (who was quick to respond, answer my questions and seemed like an all around nice guy) and he stated that he may put one into production for an extra charge but not until he sorts out some other projects. So I wait...

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I too really want to buy one. It seems like it has a good fit and finish and a lot of thought went into it. The only thing I don't like about the genesis is that you have to cut your stock battery tray to use it as a pseudo bracket to hold the air box. For close to $500, I would think this would have been sorted out more completely with an independent air box bracket. I have been itching to buy one but refuse to cut the stock battery tray to do it. I contacted Shane at genesis (who was quick to respond, answer my questions and seemed like an all around nice guy) and he stated that he may put one into production for an extra charge but not until he sorts out some other projects. So I wait...

I looked at the install instructions and the intake part of the tray will stay bolted down perfectly fine on it own. You don't seem to lose any strength when you cut off the battery part. I wonder how much a stock tray costs to replace....can't be that much.

Marauder

I agree, but my point is why should I have to cut it? A bracket cant be that hard to make so that is is just plug and play. As a consumer, I guess I'm just a little more demanding. I have no problem paying extra for it and it honestly isn't worth my time to make one. I really like the kit and would buy one today if it had a bracket.

I am hoping Shane puts one into production sooner than later. As I said earlier, he seems like a really nice cat and it appears to the best one of the options out there at the moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom