Dual Steering Stabilizer Help

JKU-ELP-TX

Greetings all. Thanks for the great tips. I had the suspension tightened and the stock steering stabilizer shock replaced with a rancho. I am officially Rancho all around. So far things are going very well. The shop also told me that an alignment can also assist in death wobble. At this point they suggested that I hold off that portion. The stock track bar was beefy enough and could support my needs they stated. I ran it through the same spots where I would got death wobble horribly before and nothing happened. A $150.00 fix and I am back on the road. IMG_9342.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Buster3479

Greetings all. Thanks for the great tips. I had the suspension tightened and the stock steering stabilizer shock replaced with a rancho. I am officially Rancho all around. So far things are going very well. The shop also told me that an alignment can also assist in death wobble. At this point they suggested that I hold off that portion. The stock track bar was beefy enough and could support my needs they stated. I ran it through the same spots where I would got death wobble horribly before and nothing happened. A $150.00 fix and I am back on the road. View attachment 287326

You most likely still have death wobble unless "tightening the suspension" fixed a loose bolt. Chances are whatever is worn is wearing more with every mile, and the steering stabilizer will mask the symptoms until it comes back. Seriously, go through the information provided and check it out yourself. You most likely paid a shop to stick on a temporary bandaid.

JKU-ELP-TX

You most likely still have death wobble unless "tightening the suspension" fixed a loose bolt. Chances are whatever is worn is wearing more with every mile, and the steering stabilizer will mask the symptoms until it comes back. Seriously, go through the information provided and check it out yourself. You most likely paid a shop to stick on a temporary bandaid.

I will certainly go through the info.

Buster3479

Unbolt that $150 "fix" and test the same road. If you still have death wobble, they didn't fix a thing. I'm not trying to sound mean, but I honestly believe you're shop just masked the symptoms with a gas charged steering stabilizer. It will work until it doesn't, and you'll be back where you are today trying to solve the real problem, which might have grown.

Top Bottom