Dually replacing OEM fogs?

Slappy32

I just finished installing my D2s today and the FlashCal does work to let you run fogs and high beams at the same time. See picture below. I also ran them through the factory fog light switch with a relay. I tapped into the wires at the TIPM instead of down by the lights themselves. Each fog light has it's own wire. Used a mini-torch soldering iron and sealed with heat shrink. I can give more details if anyone needs help locating wires. I ended up cutting a lot of the wires out of the Rigid harness that comes with the lights. Red and black with ring terminals to the battery, blue wire to one of the two fog light wires coming out of the TIPM (they both have be cut, so I just sealed up the other one) and red from the relay to both fog light wires (white/orange & white/yellow) going to the fog light connectors. I cut out the rest of the ground wires since the fogs and factory switch still use the factory harness ground.

IMG_2368.JPG

IMG_2367.JPG

Last edited:

ssgp2

I'll take all and any info you have!

My JW Speakers are BO, should get them mid january.
I still have to figure out how I'm going to manage DRL and LED headlights/ fogs.

Thanks again for the info and looking forward to put it together

ssgp2

Did mine yesterday, I used the the Rigid harness without modification aside from using a relay.
Took the live wire from one of the original fog light for the trigger.
Thanks bthomas for the info on the relay.
IMG_0431.jpg
IMG_0429.jpg

bthomas

Slappy-good idea tapping the circuit at the TIPM. That sure seems easier and cleaner then going all the way down to the lights for the trigger.

SSGP-Glad you got them working, looks great!

Last edited:

Slappy32

Slappy-good idea tapping the circuit at the TIPM. That sure seems easier and cleaner then going all the way down to the lights for the trigger.

SSGP-Glad you got them working, looks great!

You have to undo the four clips holding the TIPM in. The connector with the fog lights is on the bottom of the TIPM, facing the front, second one in from the right side. I believe it's connector C-4.

bthomas

You have to undo the four clips holding the TIPM in. The connector with the fog lights is on the bottom of the TIPM, facing the front, second one in from the right side. I believe it's connector C-4.

Looks like I might be doing some fog light retiring when I wore up my e lockers now.
Thanks for the info! [emoji106]

Top Bottom