Duratracs?

JKBANDIT55

I started a MTRkev vs Duratrac thread a while back, but all I got was how bad the MTRs were. lol

Just curious. I have been seeing these tires everywhere on the forums, It seems to me like they are very popular and get great reviews.

My question is, what makes these tires that good? After all, it is an A/T. Most of us jeepers run M/Ts. Are these tires going to hold their own on the trail even though I think most people get them for snow.

I live in CO. We see all weather here, so Im sure this is the tire for me. At the end of the day, My jeep see's the trails 3-4 times a month, the rest it is my DD back and forth from work, the grocery getter, and you know, the Mall Crawling curb hopper mon-fri. LOL

Last edited:

SoCalDozer

I have the duratracs on mine for now. They are a super aggressive a/t tire and I consider them a m/t compared to some tires. Plus they work great in the winter. For a tire to use in all seasons and you don't wheel really hardcore they are an amazing tire

Holeshot

Banned
I'm running my duratracs for almost a year now, did pretty much everything from gravel road, sand, mud, rock crawling, swamps, snow, snowy and icy roads with temperature as low as -40-50 farenheit :eek: and I like these tires! Very versatile. Goes straight and silent on the road, balance easily, light weight tire (mine are 315/70R17, 8 plies (D rate)). The only weak point about these is the low ply sidewalls that makes them vulnerable to foreign object penetration BUT, choose your lines carefully and beware of sharp objects and they'll last long.

I have a bit over 10 000km on them actually and they're still like new, maybe 1/32" or even less wear :thumb: I would recommand or buy another set without any hesitation. :standing wave:

JKBANDIT55

Very good to know. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Obviously everyone has a story about every brand of tires failing in some way. But I have to say about 90%of people reviewing the duratracs have nothing but good to say about them!!

Jersey_Devil

dude awesome pics!!!

Thanks! And I was thinking about getting the MT/Rs but all the bad reviews and now after trying the Duratracs, I'm hooked! I've owned the OLD style MT/Rs and they were awesome but once they changed to these new ones I never even tried them..... But I absolutely LOVE the Duratracs!

Jersey_Devil

Here's 2 more cool ones

1632256632_4724239957253.jpg

This one, it's hard to see with the sand and dirt but I was drifting around that corner and both drivers side tires are off the ground! They guy taking the picture said they came up probably like 3-4" off the ground! I shit when he told me lol

1632256632_4724242077306.jpg

JKBANDIT55

Here's 2 more cool ones

View attachment 14411

This one, it's hard to see with the sand and dirt but I was drifting around that corner and both drivers side tires are off the ground! They guy taking the picture said they came up probably like 3-4" off the ground! I shit when he told me lol

View attachment 14412

trust me I know the feeling. lol:rock::rock:

AC5D3513-FB14-499F-B39F-B56CF7B4A4FF-162-000000091ECF6C94.jpg

mackey

Do they make Duratracs in a 37 or 40? If not, what would be the best off road / snow / ice tire in that size. I am planning on moving to North Idaho and when I get another Jeep, I need a tire for those elements. Thanks

Jersey_Devil

Do they make Duratracs in a 37 or 40? If not, what would be the best off road / snow / ice tire in that size. I am planning on moving to North Idaho and when I get another Jeep, I need a tire for those elements. Thanks

I just googled "37" Goodyear Duratrac tires " and got a bunch of hits but none of them actually had a 37" Duratrac... I have 315/70R17 and the only larger size was a 325/60r20.... I like Goodyear tires so I'd say go with 37" Goodyear MT/R's.... I hear they are better now than when they first came out with the Kevlars

These tires are on my short list....it's either the Duratracs 285 / 70/ 17 or the M/T ATZ 33 X 12.5 X 17.

I'm a DD 95% of the time, with mild trail riding nothing extream....one minute I have my mind set on the Mickey's, the next Duratracs.

Anyone have some good milage on the Duratracs, how do they wear? Are they not a softer compound due to their snow/ice certification? How's the highway maners/noise?

I take any advice opnions on the two tires in question.

Thanks

aldaman

These tires are on my short list....it's either the Duratracs 285 / 70/ 17 or the M/T ATZ 33 X 12.5 X 17.

I'm a DD 95% of the time, with mild trail riding nothing extream....one minute I have my mind set on the Mickey's, the next Duratracs.

Anyone have some good milage on the Duratracs, how do they wear? Are they not a softer compound due to their snow/ice certification? How's the highway maners/noise?

I take any advice opnions on the two tires in question.

Thanks

I ran both. The Duratracs on my Toyota 4x4 truck and the ATZs on my 08 JKU. The ATZs seems to be a harder compound than the DT, but the Duratracs thread seems to look more aggressive, I would pick the DTs...Also both have low highway noise...

Holeshot

Banned
FYI, duratracs are way more agressive than the ATZ, so will perform better in mud and other nasty terrain.

Jersey_Devil

I ran both. The Duratracs on my Toyota 4x4 truck and the ATZs on my 08 JKU. The ATZs seems to be a harder compound than the DT, but the Duratracs thread seems to look more aggressive, I would pick the DTs...Also both have low highway noise...

My dad is running the Baja MTZ and im running the Duratracs.... The mtz don't even compare... The duratracs are better in every way

Holeshot

Banned
My dad is running the Baja MTZ and im running the Duratracs.... The mtz don't even compare... The duratracs are better in every way

My friend ,PA_4567 on the forum, has baja MTZ. He run them since the very first day he got the jeep, and he's probably over 50 000 kms actually. They have over 60% gone now, and wouldn't be agressive enough offroad. But, when new, they are not so bad but then again, I prefer my DT's. :thumb:

Jersey_Devil

My friend ,PA_4567 on the forum, has baja MTZ. He run them since the very first day he got the jeep, and he's probably over 50 000 kms actually. They have over 60% gone now, and wouldn't be agressive enough offroad. But, when new, they are not so bad but then again, I prefer my DT's. :thumb:

My dad's are still pretty new.... They're really aggressive looking when new but I can only imagine once their low

pa4567

49 940 km on my MTZ to be exact :)

Will probably try the Nitto trail grappler when they run off :)

Sent from my GT-S5690M using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom