Dynatrac axle.

WJCO

Meme King
I went on CL and looked at his actual pictures. The ribs on the cover look identical to my Pro Rock cover. So if he sends you pics of the bottom of the housing, you'll know for sure.

Benito

Caught the Bug
The entire shape is what squashes it. I don't think anyone other than Dynatrac makes a diff cover for a PR44 housing and that's def not a Dynatrac cover. The guy is full of shit, just don't want anyone getting burned.

The C's look like Dynatrac. Other than that, I'm not seeing it. Even the upper mount should have side supports. As stated earlier, the bottom of the pumpkin shape will be the most obvious feature. No cover should fit other than a Dynatrac cover.

Not true, undercoverfab sells a steel cover for the PR44. I looked into this option when I was trying to decide how I should mount my hydro assist. (Able to Weld tabs on the cover)

72DD8854-F110-43E3-AE1C-251070CFEE70-2363-0000029F6D8AD600_tmp.JPG

http://www.undercoverfab.com/257-dana-60-hd-diff-cover.html

Edit: I wonder if you could install a drain plug on the bottom of this? X

That does NOT appear to be one of our axles, for the various reasons mentioned above. Good call on not buying it!

desertrunner

That does NOT appear to be one of our axles, for the various reasons mentioned above. Good call on not buying it!

You should contact him see if you can get an actual answer or call him out for falsely advertising your product!

I also looked up the part # he has listed for the diff cover and it is the standard D44 cover not one that fits the PR. Plus why the hell would you need to press on new C's on a PR44 :hmm: Shitty that someone is trying to use Dynatracs awesome name to sell something that isnt actually a PR

10abadilla/jk

You should contact him see if you can get an actual answer or call him out for falsely advertising your product!

I also looked up the part # he has listed for the diff cover and it is the standard D44 cover not one that fits the PR. Plus why the hell would you need to press on new C's on a PR44 :hmm: Shitty that someone is trying to use Dynatracs awesome name to sell something that isnt actually a PR
After I called him out for false advertisement he stopped texting me. Then I called him and he did not answer the phone. I pointed everything out to him that would make it not a dynatrac. Last comment he said was good eye. And that he bought it off of "jeep" themselves. But again would not answer my calls for more info after the fact.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
There's so much crap on Craigslist that isn't what it's actually listed as. It pisses me off. And there's almost nothing you can do about it. Flag the ad. That's about it I think.

WJCO

Meme King
This may be legit, guys. Just for kicks, I pretended to be interested and emailed him for a pic of the cover. This is what was sent to me. I'm not sure where he got a cover like this, but seems legit. I'm guessing it's a Dynatrac cover painted black with a Jeep emblem in the middle. Still not sure about pressing the C's....

image1.jpg

Journeyman

Even if it's legit, I still wouldn't give him 1,800 for a used pr44 with no ring and pinion. Aren't they like 2k new [emoji848] I think Offroad evolution sells them new for 2,500ish with dynatrac pro steer ball joints.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Regardless of what the axle really is, that is a Prorock cover. See difference between bolt patterns?

Stock pattern on left. Prorock pattern on right. See bolt between the two ribs on the bottom
And that notch on the lower RH corner is a dead giveway. That's Prorock for sure.

dana_60_pro_series_differential_cover.jpg dynatrac-dana-prorock-44-diff-cover.jpg

desertrunner

Plot twist haha the cover should be a giveaway about the axle. WJCO did you happen to get a pic of the pumpkin ear stamps from him?

Still don't get why you would need to press on new Cs on a PR44 unless he just thinks the stock Cs aren't stock PR Cs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom