Dynatrac ProRock 44 or G2 Core 44?

turbineguy

I have a G2 44 up front on my jk sport and I love it. I have a 5 year unlimited mile warranty to replace anything that breaks no questions asked with them. I had to pay 750 extra for it. I know some are loyal to brands but mine came down to price and hassle. I would say look at both and price both. I've heard of PR going for as low as 5500? (Correct me if I'm wrong on that) but I got quoted over 7k for it. With everything else I was doing I couldn't afford it at the time.

My PR44 HD was 5K with RCVs and ARB. A local shop built it, one that I trust, and I'm pretty sure they would've worn it in the autovent that anything did go wrong. Which it didn't.

If I knew that I was only ever going to run 35's, definitely would've considered one of the other axle manufactures though.

I find it surprising that you got quoted 7K for the ProRock. There are several online dealers that clearly list them at around 5K fully built ready to go.

To tell the truth, I might've paid 750 for an unlimited five-year warranty on anything that breaks. I really don't think that such a bad deal. Of course it would make me go even heavier on the skinny pedal than I do already.

metalic

Like I said earlier I run a core 44. I priced PR44 from dynatrac, NR, ORE, and a local dynatrac dealer and they all was almost the same price and no where near 7k. If I remember correctly it was around 5. A G2 with ARB and the 35 spline places list for 4500. If that was the gap in no doubt would I have chose the G2 over the proven PR. But like I said I received guinea pig pricing for the Core 44 and decided to be the first in the area to test it out knowing it could be a disaster. I remember what Eddie said about how they looked upon first glance at SEMA.

turbineguy

Like I said earlier I run a core 44. I priced PR44 from dynatrac, NR, ORE, and a local dynatrac dealer and they all was almost the same price and no where near 7k. If I remember correctly it was around 5. A G2 with ARB and the 35 spline places list for 4500. If that was the gap in no doubt would I have chose the G2 over the proven PR. But like I said I received guinea pig pricing for the Core 44 and decided to be the first in the area to test it out knowing it could be a disaster. I remember what Eddie said about how they looked upon first glance at SEMA.

It is nice there are options at all different price points though now, though at 4500 I just can't see the market for the core 44 or Teraflex axles vs the Dynatrac. I really think their market is relying on uninformed buyers (guys who go straight to 4wd without researching). At only 500 more a PR is a no duh option.

I would say that if the core 44 and TeraFlex axles could retail delivered in the 3500 range fully built, they would have a better market position. I'm guessing that's what you got yours for, so smart buy.

I really think that Mopar/Spicer was smart and going for the price range that they went for. Though I think they're going to compete much more with the RockJock axles then the Dynatrac ProRocks.

I also think it was smart of Dynatrac to come out with the XD60. It's definitely a step up from all the other 60s, and fills a gap in between going for the big guns like the 80s. Now, Dynatrac sits at the top of the heap on two separate levels.

There is nothing more American than the free-market and options. I really think it's a great time to be in the market to upgrade your jeep, so many more options than two or three years ago.

Edit: I totally left out the junkyard options, which I recently learned are a no-brainer since you can learn how to build them by watching youtube and reading JK forums. You just have to teach yourself how to weld, which is probably just a little harder than using superglue Im guessing.

Last edited:

metalic

It is nice there are options at all different price points though now, though at 4500 I just can't see the market for the core 44 or Teraflex axles vs the Dynatrac. I really think their market is relying on uninformed buyers (guys who go straight to 4wd without researching). At only 500 more a PR is a no duh option.

I would say that if the core 44 and TeraFlex axles could retail delivered in the 3500 range fully built, they would have a better market position. I'm guessing that's what you got yours for, so smart buy.

I really think that Mopar/Spicer was smart and going for the price range that they went for. Though I think they're going to compete much more with the RockJock axles then the Dynatrac ProRocks.

I also think it was smart of Dynatrac to come out with the XD60. It's definitely a step up from all the other 60s, and fills a gap in between going for the big guns like the 80s. Now, Dynatrac sits at the top of the heap on two separate levels.

There is nothing more American than the free-market and options. I really think it's a great time to be in the market to upgrade your jeep, so many more options than two or three years ago.

Edit: I totally left out the junkyard options, which I recently learned are a no-brainer since you can learn how to build them by watching youtube and reading JK forums. You just have to teach yourself how to weld, which is probably just a little harder than using superglue Im guessing.

Exactly

As for the junk yard axles I agree if you have the known how go for it. I'm planning out my axle builds now to see if I'm going to make the jump or not to 8 lug.

Top Bottom