Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joints

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
OOOOOO i didnt think about drooping that side thats a smart idea lemme go try that!!!

I left my tire on the opposite side and just dropped one side. It angles the hole better. If the hole is angled towards the spring perch, you'll have a tough time

Attachments

• 1426716271571.jpg
    1426716271571.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 102

desertrunner

I'd remove the zerk before it gets damaged and the reason you're hitting the spring perch and not getting a good angle and slipping off is because you need more droop on the axle or Jack up the opposite side of the axle.

Should our paths ever cross out there in the real word i owe you a beer for that little tip. Worked like a charm :thumb:

i had been stewing over that for a while and all it took was a little geometry lesson, guess i didnt pay attention enough in school :bleh:

Thank you!!!

IMAG4874[1].jpg

DAMN these things are sexy!!!!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
No problem, they look great. Really nice ball joints and should be the last set you ever have to buy.

desertrunner

No problem, they look great. Really nice ball joints and should be the last set you ever have to buy.

Thats the goal :thumb: cant wait to see how they drive especially since im doing the evo DL flip at the same time should make a huge difference

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Nicely done and great suggestion olram!

The joints may be just a hair tight for the first couple hundred miles. The best way to describe it is you steering wheel may not center quickly after a turn on its own. But no fear, they'll break in nicely and should be the last set of ball joints you'll ever buy for the Jeep! :)

desertrunner

The joints may be just a hair tight for the first couple hundred miles. The best way to describe it is you steering wheel may not center quickly after a turn on its own. But no fear, they'll break in nicely and should be the last set of ball joints you'll ever buy for the Jeep! :)

hopefully some day ill get to transfer them over to a PR44 or 60 :rock:

desertrunner

I definitely see what everyone talks about with these things being tight right after install, the knuckles take some oomph to move back and forth right now.

Top Bottom