Dyno beads

JagJeeper

I recently purchased 37s used only 2000 miles on them. (The seller was getting 40s) Went to get them balanced and rotated and because of the beads in them, which I believe serves the purpose of keeping the tires balanced, the machine could not balance them. Anyone using dyno beads in there tires? Does it work? Are they worth it?

USMCvet

Banned
I recently purchased 37s used only 2000 miles on them. (The seller was getting 40s) Went to get them balanced and rotated and because of the beads in them, which I believe serves the purpose of keeping the tires balanced, the machine could not balance them. Anyone using dyno beads in there tires? Does it work? Are they worth it?

Yes, I just went to a set of Trail Ready beadlocks and 37" MTR's with Dynabeads for internal balancing. They work great. When you stop at a light or stop sign, you will get some noise from the beads settling back to the bottom of the tire.

However, if you want to go with traditional external balancing, any competent tire shop can crack the bead on the tire and rim and remove the Dynabeads. Once removed, the they can balance your 37's with no issues unless the tires themselves have problems. But again, a competent tire shop should be able to differentiate between a balancing issue because of residual Dynabeads and a tire issue.

Top Bottom