Dynomax Exhaust Questions

jeeeep

Hooked
Just added this to my 3.8L. God is it horrible. Idle on the trail is somewhat tolerable, but driving is pointless. Very much the same as having no exhaust at all.
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The drone is absolutely insane.
And I will say that they have the directions say to cut off 2" of the intermediate pipe before the muffler. Problem is hat you aren't actually supposed to. Now my muffler hits the cross member

oh it's loud, and I almost took it off after I put it on but glad I didn't. The benefits are worth it.

I had some Boom Mat that I've been meaning to install but being in the time crunch I pulled up the carpet and laid it out enough to cover the front and rear seating area. I didn't cover the back since I was already packed but just having it where I put it cut down the interior drone significantly.

I plan to pull the carpet and stick the boom matt down properly. I also bought the Dynomax bullet #24246 which should quiet it down more and still have the benefits.

As you learned, always test fit before cutting. I almost made the same mistake but I decided to slow down and test fit - glad I did as no cutting was needed.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I don't know if this is the same but I bought the dynomax package 39516. I believe it's only designed for 2011 or earlier. Looks the same but I never noticed anything annoying from it. It just produces a mild rumble to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I don't know if this is the same but I bought the dynomax package 39516. I believe it's only designed for 2011 or earlier. Looks the same but I never noticed anything annoying from it. It just produces a mild rumble to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

loud mufflers never used to bother me, ran plenty of them with headers...now it's a different story

it must be a sign of old age :doh: :cheesy:

WiscoHR

I run this set up on my 3.6. On a daily driving basis around town doesn't bother me too much, I actually enjoy the louder sound. Now a 3+ hour drive on the expressway at 70 is another story. The drone can get to the point that it drives you crazy. So don't expect to have a conversation with anyone with you and just turn up the radio as loud as you can.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You'll get a lot of different opinions. Younger people tend to like louder exhausts. The older you get, the more it bothers you, and the more you are concerned with it disturbing others.

If you have a manual, you can control the drone more. If not, you'll probably find yourself shifting the automatic to control it. If you want to hold a conversation in your Jeep, at 65-75 mph, you won't like that particular muffler. You said your current can is too loud, and annoying. This one will be, too. I'm trying to save you some money. In the end, it's your money, so do what you think is best.

Last edited:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Unbearable. That's why it isn't on Rubicat anymore. I had it, with a 3.6, and ditched it. I run the Quiet Crawler set up, now.

How much quieter is the “Quiet Crawler” exhaust?

I may be interested in switching to it too because my wife can’t stand my current exhaust. As I said earlier, it doesn’t bother me too much, but I like to bring her and the kids when I hit the trail.

'07 JKUR

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
How much quieter is the “Quiet Crawler” exhaust?

I may be interested in switching to it too because my wife can’t stand my current exhaust. As I said earlier, it doesn’t bother me too much, but I like to bring her and the kids when I hit the trail.

'07 JKUR

A lot quieter. Very pleasant at low rpm. It still growls really good when you give it the skinny pedal.

J

JKDream

Finished the install last night. Very pleased with the kit. Everything went together as expected and tucks very nicely out of harms way. It is actually quite a bit quieter than my previous kit. I'm assuming once it wears in it'll gain a bit of noise but overall I'm happy with the purchase.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Finished the install last night. Very pleased with the kit. Everything went together as expected and tucks very nicely out of harms way. It is actually quite a bit quieter than my previous kit. I'm assuming once it wears in it'll gain a bit of noise but overall I'm happy with the purchase.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s great news! I hope you continue to enjoy it!

'07 JKUR

Top Bottom